I am just starting to grasp how weird I am....We all have those little idiosyncrasies that we hide from other people because we realise that these things we do may not be normal. I think I am wondering if there is anyone out there like me????
Ok this is my weirdness. I LOVE smells. If this were just smells like flowers, cinnamon rolls, or perfume that would be one thing but I also like different smells. Such as: I love the smell of my husbands neck, I can't get enough of it. When we cuddle up in bed at night the first thing I do is get situated so my nose rests directly in his neck where I can just breath him in. Whenever he and I are close I always put my nose to him and just smell him and I find that smell to be irresistible. I am not sure he even knows that I am always smelling him. Tonight he was sitting on the couch and I just walked over, sat down, wrapped my arms around him, put my nose to his shoulder, inhaled for several minutes, then walked away. I think he had no idea what I had just done.
I love the smell of my kids hair. If any of my daughters sit on my lap I just sit and smell their hair. If at any time in the day Ava comes within smelling distance I have to kiss on her and then I smell her more and have to kiss her more. I think that Heavenly Father knew that babies and children needed lots of care and love so he made them smell so scrumptious that we would be compelled to kiss and hug them. I find that so many of my loving feelings toward people are based on how good they smell....that is so weird. I have never heard anyone else say this or admit this. Am I the only one who has acute smelling instincts? I think that is why I loved the book Twilight (actually I liked Midnight Sun even more) because I really understand Edward and the smelling thing. I totally get him!
Don't think that if I know you and we are hanging out that I am trying to smell you....there is a limit to my weirdness! I keep my crazy smelling practices to family but oh how I love the way they all smell. I even blogged about it one other time but I was much more couth about it. Here is the post.
So why I posted about this I have no idea...I just know that the past few weeks I have been noticing how often I am smelling everyone in my family and I thought, I think this is not normal. I could have passed this on to my daughters cause they seem to be obsessed with how they smell. They are using the best smelling lotions and perfumes and as they leave in the morning for school they ask "Mom, do I smell good?". I think that is so cute.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I think I am weird
at
6:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Ok now that this is not the first post that comes up I can say...your not the only one with that weirdness...ME TOO! I must not be as descrete about it as you though because casey noticed it right away about me and said "why do you always smell me?" I was so embarrased because up till then I actually didn't even know I had this weirdness. AND my poor girls...I love to breath them in. Sophia is going to be like us too.
I also loved your post about creating things. It has really got me thinking!
Do you know what smell I love? Rained on cement (or sprinklers even). Is that crazy?
LOL!
that is soo funny... I love the smell of my hubby too.
so if I meet you and you smell me, I have been forwarned :)
Post a Comment