Monday, September 8, 2008

A quick update on the girls

For our family and friends who are asking here is a quick update on each of the girls.

Chloe is doing great. She loves school and we are finding her to be very social as she attends every football game and seems to be surrounded by many great friends. She is still writing music daily and really honing her craft as well as her vocal ability. She is on the volley ball team and she loves it!! It has been very strange this past summer to not be running all over the country watching her and Olivia play tennis but she is so happy with her decision to try other things. I will post a few of her new songs in the next few days.
Olivia has taken middle school by storm. She is really in her element and to say she is social would be an understatement. She absolutely loves 6th grade. She is still taking piano (as well as Chloe) and has taken up an new venture, cheerleading! She is really good at it and when she went to the cheer studio they walked her on to one of the top teams (all the other girls had to try out). They told her she would have to do a back tuck as well as back handsprings to be on the team so she just did it. After I said "When did you learn to do that? She looked at me a little confused and said "today". She is just like that, if she sets her mind to something then nothing will get in her way. She is writing beautiful music and her voice still amazes us.
Elle is the happiest and most content of all. She is taking piano and loves to sing (but not in front of a crowd) She has lots of friends and is such a good big sister to Ava. They just LOVE each other so much. She saw Olivia do cheer and now she says that is what she wants to do. I told her she can do whatever she wants so we will give it a try. She loves 2nd grade and loves to read. She is the comedian of the family and always has us laughing.
Ava loves all things girl and carries a purse everywhere. If we are walking out the door she always grabs her purse but if it is too light she will be in a panic...."Don't go yet Mom....there is not enough stuff in my purse." she then runs through the house and grabs any makeup, lip gloss or girly thing she can find until it is stuffed full. The other day when she went to school (I have to make her take only her back pack...no purse) well when she came home she shamefully handed me a note. It was from her teacher asking her to not take lip gloss to school anymore as it was causing tears and problems amongst all the girls. I was shocked....I didn't let her take lip gloss to school! Sure enough, when I opened her backpack there were 7 bottles of lip gloss. I am sure the girls were all fighting over them. What a little silly bug.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

They are all adorable-inside and out. It sounds like everyone is doing so well. You have such talented daughters. We miss you guys!

leslie s said...

OH no...Was that the lip gloss we gave her!? Sorry if it was. WE miss you all so much it was fun to get an update. After living with you guys for two weeks and now being way for longer, we needed a Bray fix!! BAD!! love you all!

Melissa said...

I loved getting the update on the girls. Sounds like you are all happy and busy busy! I need to get caught up with you.