Saturday, September 20, 2008

And he's off!

We got up at 6am and headed out to see Dad begin his day of agony!

We got there early enough to catch him just before he got his wet suit on......oh it was so worth it.!! You sexy man you! In Oklahoma we don't have those professional starter guns....oh no, Billy Bob just shows up with his 12 gauge shot gun. We were sitting right beside him and Ava wasn't too happy about the 5 starts for all the different levels. She kept her ears plugged pretty tight.
I don't know the percentages but I think there are very few people in the world who have ever done an Ironman.....My husband is such a stud.

Here he is coming out of the swim....he came in the top 1/3 of the group finishing in around 1 1/2 hours.


He started out on the bike and we came home as it will be 6 hours.

We are going to make signs to put along the marathon route. He will finish biking and begin the marathon at around 4pm.
GO CHRIS!!

3 comments:

leslie s said...

We are Cheering you on in Canada!!!
WAY TO GO CHRIS!!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Ok - Your posts have been so good that now I am totally sucked into this Ironman Contest...can't wait to hear how it winds up! You seem like such a wonderful family! I hope he takes first!!!

Kelly said...

Chris is a superhero!! Amazing!! I can't wait to see how the bike and run went! Go Chris!

Oh- ya...Dakota Fanning is cute. But you are much prettier. You are gorgeous, that guy is so not a match, I don't know what's up with that web-site.