My girls have many things that they love and love to do but one thing wins out above them all. They love to write music. Everyday they are having us listen to another song they have written and we are always amazed at how young they are and what they are coming up with, especially lyrically. So yesterday Olivia finished off a song and last night I kept waking up with it playing in my head. For some reason (probably because they are on my mind) it makes me think of a love story (Stephanie and Christian). The song may not apply totally but their story is so compelling almost everything around me makes me think of them.
Here are the lyrics.
By Olivia Bray (11 yrs old)
You turn me on, Got me moving at the speed of light
and you've got my hand, don't let go I am trusting you.
You attract me, with that smile, that's unbeatable
and you, know that I, couldn't live without you.
Chorus
And I've got to know where you're taking me
yeah, I've got to know where you're going
When you took my hand you promised
to catch me any time I fall
You light me up, like the sky on a summer night
and you give me hope to move on when I've lost the fight
Chorus:
But Ive got to know where you're taking me
and I need to know where you're going
when you took my hand you promised me
to hold me up if I start to fall
Bridge:
And I know that you're always gonna be there
yeah I know that you are always gonna care
Chorus:
And I don't care where you're taking me
I want to go where you're going
Just take my hand and I promise
to catch you anytime you fall.
You light me up like the sky on a summer night
and you give me hope to move on when I think I've lost the fight.
I made her record it this morning first thing before she had even gotten ready. Thanks Olivia! She ended up waking up the little girls who were not happy to be up at 6:30 am. Oh well. The accompaniment needs to be arranged and is slightly raw so right now it is just basic chords.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
A new song
at
8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
WOW! How lovely.
Great Job Olivia!!! That's a beautiful song!
Ok so now I really miss Oklahoma....Olivia you are getting so old! Even though I am on the path I am supposed to be on, you girls make me miss music. I am so happy to know your family....and miss you all SO MUCH! Hello to everyone....
OHHH and that sweater you are wearing tooo cute, you know how I love stripes!
Olivia! Another beautiful song! Your voice is so mature for your age! I love it. I wish I was there and could give you a big hug in person but this will have to do!
XOXO,
Love ya,
Aunt Leslie
This is beautiful!
She has a gorgeous voice!
well the beautiful thing about a talent like that is that you have your hands full for making sure they have every opportunity to take that to the amazing level they should be at.
I look forward to seeing them on national TV in the near future. I am a friend of Julie's.... our family lives and breathes music. I have three out of the 5 of us that create and write ( I am not a writer, I have the gift of loving music :) LOL) and am in awe of that talent!
Post a Comment