Monday, September 29, 2008

Boys, Boys, Boys!!

You can sure tell that there are older girls in this house when your 4 year old acts like she is 12. This was our conversation when I picked her up from pre-school today.

She got in the car and with her eyes bright with excitement and she screamed

"ahhhhhahhaahhha, oh my goodness Mom, you won't believe it, today a boy gave me a note in my back pack."

Mom:  "What boy?"

Ava: "His name is Luke" Ahhhhaaaahhh (this is her screaming with a huge smile on her face)

Mom: "What did the note say?"

Ava: "I don't know, he like totally was writing, and he like wrote all this stuff, and then he like was totally cutting the paper and like then he like totally put it in my back pack."

Mom: "Wow can I read it?"

Ava: "Sure Mom, he is like totally way cute"

Chloe, Olivia and Elle are all now screaming with her.
Here is the note

Mom: "Wow, this says that he loves you".......more screaming from all the girls in the car at various pitches and volume levels.

Ava: "I KNOW. he like totally loves me and he is totally cute aaahhhhhhahhhhhhhaahhhh" the screaming continued for several minutes. A reminder......she is 4 years old. This just cracked me up.
Then Elle proceeded to tell me about Issac who is in her class and LOVES her and won't leave her alone.

Then Chloe and I had a long discussion about a certain boy who was staring at her today and it was a very very good thing in her book

Olivia had all her crazy boy stuff last week so basically we spent the whole 30 min ride talking about boys.

It was a good thing Chris wasn't here, the poor man is so outnumbered.

* photos by Lisa Hatcher

8 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

I love it! I mean I like totally think that's like so cute.

leslie s said...

Gale that is so Darn cute! I love Your girls...AHHHH like so much!! :) You can tell them that.

amy said...

Whoa, I can't even relate because all those boys, boys, boys are in my house!

Melissa said...

Thanks for your message on my phone today. I was excited to hear your voice.
I got it but it was FHE time of night, so I thought I would call you back tomorrow.

I won't show Isaac this post. He still talks about his friend Ava...with a very big smile on his face.

okbushmans said...

It is not a shocker that Ava has an admirer, or any of your girls for that matter! But what a cute note!

A Farmer's Wife said...

How fun! We have 5 boys! They are not as forthcoming with the information about their personal lives. They start out with "do you know so and so?" And then they progress to "what do you think of her?" AND then weeks later they progress to "I'm thinking of calling her." It's all very slow and calm and not nearly as fun as what you describe with your girls!!! Our boys are more like your Idaho farm boys though...they are shy! I think because we live so rurally...we're a little isolated and backwards but we like it!

Jennie said...

Oh how cute! It is not anything like that in my household. We still think that girls have cooties over here. And because Morgan is the only girl, she would NEVER confide in her brothers if she had any sort of a crush. She knows she would be teased without mercy! Cute girls though- you will have your fair share of this for a LONG time to come.

Anonymous said...

I love times like this.
What a great story you wrote to capture it! ADORABLE!