Monday, September 29, 2008

We are meant to Create

The Relief Society meeting Saturday night was good. I would say good, not great but I know of so many people who felt it was great and that is one thing I love about the gospel, we each have the spirit and will be touched according to our needs. Maybe it was that for the first time my husband was there with me and I was a little distracted. It was so different to have him sitting by me.

One thing that I did really enjoy was Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. Several years ago I heard Sister Ann Madsen give a talk about the temple. In it she emphasized that in the temple we learn so much about the creation because it is our destiny and our purpose to create. I was so moved back then by this thought. Each of us are driven from somewhere deep inside to be creators of something. For each person that means something different. When we hear the word create we often think crafts, sewing, painting and the arts but it is so different than that. My husband is in a constant state of creation and he has never made a wreath or done any scrapbooking. I am not crafty or creative in the traditional sense at all but I am always creating and that brings me joy. What have I created? My husband and I have done many businesses together. I have created strong opinions and a knowledge base to back those opinions up. I fill my mind constantly with books and reading and from that knowledge I change and move myself and the direction my life is going. I am creating a wonderful life for my family. I have created children with my husband and we have worked prayerfully and with all diligence to raise good human beings who love the Lord and have a sense of their divinity.

I believe that each of us, man or woman, find our greatest joy when we create. I believe that whenever we build something better around us that would not have been had we not been there then we are fulfilling our divine purpose. Our Father in Heaven is a creator and set the path for us. I truly hope that I am making my little corner of the world better by being here. I hope that my contribution to the world will be to the benefit of others and not myself. I hope that I will always build and not tear down. Here is a link to the talk if you didn't get to hear it.

2 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

THANK YOU for posting this! I missed the meeting because Son #5 has a rash...I think it's an allergy thing but just in case I wanted to be home so he could stay in and not go out irrigating. EVERYONE yesterday continued to comment on the meeting and the opening and closing prayers in Relief Society both mentioned gratitude for the wonderful Saturday night meeting! I am sick that I missed it!!!

Sara@iSass said...

I spent the day locked in my craft room. The clarity I got from that was so great. I feel exactly what you're saying about contributing to the world with the blog. Touching people, inspiring someone with our words. Giving them a taste of who we are, how we live and most importantly who our God is and He loves us so.
You inpire me.