Tonight as we were driving to see Chris finish Olivia said "Mom, when ever I think of Edward Cullen I feel physical pain in my chest, I feel like I miss him and he isn't even real but he is soooo amazing. You are so lucky Mom because you have an Edward." Those of you who have read Twilight you know what I am talking about and YES, I have an Edward. He is my super human, amazing, handsome husband. You have to be super human to do what he does and today was proof.
After we saw him off on the bike we headed out to buy poster board so we could make signs for him along the marathon route. Here is a sampling of what my girls came up with. I let them make all the signs. We also used sidewalk chalk to write all over the path. He LOVED it.Here he is beginning his marathon!!
We wanted to encourage him but we also know that he loves a good laugh. For some crazy reason our signs were the only ones posted. At the end "Chris Bray" was a celebrity amongst the athletes.....everyone was asking "who is Chris Bray". I think everyone enjoyed our signs and sidewalk drawings.
We spent a lot of time just laying around and waiting.
As the day went on the girls got a little bored and therefore crazy.
We sent him straight to the massage tent and boy did he need it. We could see he was in a lot of pain.
Afterward he sat down by his bike and it was very difficult to get him back up again. A hot bath some Herbal muscle massage and a foot rub and I sent him to bed. He was out before his head hit the pillow. Oh we love him so much. Great Job Sweetie!
As a quick side note. I took notice of all the women who were competing, I thought, "hey maybe I should do one of these one day?" So I looked them all over to see who was competing and if I looked up to the task. Bottom line, I think they were all transvestites. I have never seen women with legs, arms and bodies so built and muscular, they were crazy huge.
Nope I won't be doing one any time soon.


9 comments:
AMAZING FINISH CHRIS!!! We were tracking you all day and I kept saying to Casey I think this is wrong, Chris can't be doing this good it's his first triathalon! :)WOW! We are VERY proud of you!! Gale what a great idea to make signs with your girls for him and I love that they were funny.
I can't wait for your post tomorrow Gale, with a picture showing chris at church conducting S.M. in a wheelchair using the traveling microphone! LOL
Wow, that is incredible Chris! This was his first ironman right?
Kudos on making him a celebrity on the race course with all those great signs.
Is he now your 'ironman'? That is unbelievable...change that, it is believable knowing you two, but I can't fathom swimming for 2 hours! I love all the signs and as a mom and wife, I am shocked there weren't more! What an accomplishment!
WOW!! Chris is a true stud, a definite Edward Cullen too! I am in awe... you are a great support team, love all the great signs girls!
Congrats to Chris, that is AMAZING!
WOW!!!
That is AWESOME!
What an amazing accomplishment Chris! Way to go!
Wow! I wish I had seen this early - so I could check in on him. Congratulations Chris! What an awesome finish and accomplishment. The signs were awesome. I am sure that he loved them and being a star, too. Way to go!
Gale, I feel I have SOOO much to comment on. It's been a while since I've commented, although I read often and I am always sad when you have to take a break.
1st. GO CHRIS!!!! Amazing...I have never nor has my husband ever had such an asperation! I'm jelous.
2. Get over your celebrity look alike, you're beautiful!
3. Blogging is a really weird thing, I have a friend who totally thinks that all blogging women do is try to compete with other people and they have no lives....well, that's not why I blog and I know that's not why you blog. You are such an amazing and admirable person. I know how you can get caught up on the "comments" thing, I always wanted more comments, then I realized that it's not about the comments for me, this is MY life and I am going to publish it. That's why I blog, I am such a bad journal keeper and scrapbooker and this is a way that I document the things in our lives and I am going to put it in a book.....the comments will not be put in the book. Also, it's so easy to compair ourselves to others. I know you know this, but I've come to realize that you just can't compare. It's not possible! Everyone has things that they can do that are better than you, and vice versa. That's the beauty of friendships and the opportunity to read other's blogs, you can try to be better, or just simply appreciate somoene for the talents they have.
When I read your blog I OFTEN think, I hope my kids turn out as good as yours have. I hope my kids are talented like yours are. I hope we can find success like you have. I want my marriage to stay strong as yours has. I think you are an incredibly amazing person and I really enjoy learning from you and gaining insight and perspective through your experiences. Thanks for blogging!
Chris! You're the man. You said you were going to do this a couple of years ago and look at you...you're an Ironman! Hey, we missed you at the reunion. I wrote a recap on my website. Drop me a note when you can. I'm running my first 100 miler on Saturday, we can compare post-even pain.
Way to go!
Tony
Post a Comment