Our old house!
Ok, you know that we moved a couple of months ago. We love our new house and neighborhood but there are things that we miss. Today the weather was beautiful so Chris and I went on a long walk back to the park by our old house (we lived in for 8 years). It brought back to me the things that I loved about our old house. They are:
1. Mitch Park being only 1 mile from our house. Chris and I would go for a 5 mile walk everyday in the early evening. It is beautiful and full of wildlife and fresh air. We would talk and talk about everything and plan our life. Since our move we haven't walked as much. We made a resolve to start again.
6. Our neighbors. We had the best friends and neighbors and after 8 years it was very difficult to leave them. We made lifelong friends and we miss them.
Everything takes time.....our new yard will have a huge garden next summer and fledgling black berry and raspberry bushes. Hopefully we will find, buy and plant a peach tree with the same vitality and fertility as our old one and our new pond will be beautiful once we clear trees, plant grass and get our new back yard in order.
The things we love about our new house!! We have lots to do to be settled but we love everything....we love the basement, I love my double ovens, we love the view out back and I just love the memories we are making here!!


5 comments:
LOVE your new home. But, it is odd not having you just a block away! And don't worry, we'll still invite ourselves over to help make new memories! Card night?
This post makes me miss Oklahoma! I attended law school there. I was in the Guthrie Ward while there. I absolutely LOVE Oklahoma and everything about it!!! Your old home was gorgeous in the picture! I am sure your new home is lovely as well! I'm not sure how I found your blog, probably through some of my Okie friends...I love your blog! You have fabulous posts!
Ok, farmer wife I need your help. I really want to plant a garden next summer so I have started planning but have no idea where to begin. You are my agri-connection. You may wish you hadn't commented.
Luke and I need to go for walks. Looks like a beautiful place to stroll! Why must cool weather come so soon?
I wonder if I could get a peach tree to grow in Iowa....
Post a Comment