Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hallows Eve

Elle was a 70's girl and Ava a Snow Princess

What a great Halloween, We flew in from California on Thursday night(I will post about that trip tomorrow) so I had one day to be ready for Hallows eve, one day to get ready for Chloe’s party (30 kids).

Here’s how it went:

Run errands

Shop

Run more errands

Leave my purse in the Wal-Mart shopping cart in the parking lot

30 min later Realize I don’t have my purse and suddenly my head is pounding and I am thinking I am going to have a break down.

Ask Olivia to say a prayer for me as I drive back to Wal-Mart; she prays that someone nice and honest will find it.

No purse at Wal-Mart……I have a break down.

Go home to be comforted by my husband…..walk in the door……Chris tells me a nice lady called and has my purse…..whew!!!

Chloe’s party was a blast.
Here they are in our front yard!! (Chloe was a vampire)

They started out by trick or treating. They had just one hour and then when they came back we gave out prizes for things like; The one who got the least appealing item in their bag (This is usually something gross like circus peanuts etc…..the winner “A beef stick”. Who gives out beef beef sticks at Halloween???
We had the fog machine going all night

Then came the best part of the evening. FORTUNE TELLING.
Chris and Ryan....nice pink robes boys!

Chris was the great Zamboni They had to go through a haunted hallway to meet with the “Great Zamboni “. By candlelight he told their fortune and it was hilarious….I was laughing my head off. Most of it was ad-lib and he was fantastic…..the kids LOVED it. When they got through with Zamboni they were taken deeper into the darkness to meet the with "Ryan the Mystic" who called in spirits from the dead. Ryan was incredible at scaring them to death. The room was dark and he had his 8 year old son hiding in the corner making noises and the kids all came out screaming and laughing. They had the BEST time. They then had a dance and it was such a great evening.

Elle and Ava loved trick or treating and they thought they were so grown up because they got to participate in Chloe’s party.

Olivia was a cheerleader and spent the evening with her friends at another party

12 comments:

Laurel Bogar said...

I love it. You guys are so fun with your kids. The fortune telling reminds me of one of the first times we met Chris in California. Remember how you guys played that trick on me where i spread the soot all over my face, as I followed Chris doing the same thing (without the soot). haha...really bad explanation, but do you remember what I'm talking about? I always thought you guys were so cool and so much fun. You have some lucky kids!

Melissa said...

Ok its official....I am not such a fun mom. I need to step it up and throw a great party for my kids.

Bray said...

Laurel, I had forgotten about the soot stunt. That is so funny! I need to do that trick on my kids.

Melissa, Oh my goodness....If I could keep up with you then I would consider my self lucky. You are alway doing such fun things with your kids.

Ashley said...

Looks like so much fun! Hope your trip to California was a blast, but, if your'e like me, you're always glad to be home. Welcome back.

Jennie said...

Looks like fun! We miss you guys.

The Eberhardts said...

we loved getting the girls at our house. they looked great!

leslie s said...

Laurel said it best...You are such fun parents! I'm only glad that I'm raising my kids after you so that I can use all of your good ideas when my kids are older!! What is the soot trick? It sounds interesting!!!

okbushmans said...

I loved the Zamboni. I need my fortune told to me! Loved the outfit. I've got a fun idea for another theme party I'd want you in on! SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK!

Brittany Anne said...

I remember Chris doing that soot thing forever ago at the Family Reunion in waterton! I was probably younger then your girls way back then!

Looks like a fun halloween... your girls are So grown up!

Bray said...

Ok now I am embarassed....Chris and I were(are) such geeks. I think we were soot facing everyone. Sorry!

Sunshine said...

seriously, a beef stick. That is awesome. love the song, love all your beach pics. The party looked like so much fun. I was happy to hear Chris' dad tied the knot!

Tiff said...

What a fun time! Love the pics..you have a lovely family! :)