Everyone needs a good wingman! Yesterday I had 8.
My awesome sister!
Then I had to shop for additional items for the store. This was a huge undertaking and I knew it would be long and I would have a car full of merchandise from the dollar store.....enter wingman #2 Karen. She just happened to call and when I told her what was happening she said. "Oh bring Ava over here, she can play with Livy and then I will take her to school. I was able to shop without any worries, deadlines or children.....priceless!! 3hours later and $1200.000 poorer I was done. Whew!
I went home to begin printing......whadda ya know my printer wouldn't work. I knew I could take them to kinkos but I had to pick the girls up from school....I quickly called Karen (yes, wingman #2 again, and my friend Tana (Wingman #3) and they each agreed to pick up my older girls, who are at different schools. I took all the files to Kinkos and had them printed the only glitch is they couldn't print on envelopes so we had to print labels that would go on the envelopes. I got it all done and headed home.
At this point I had not even cleaned up breakfast. I headed home dreading what I would find. But!!!! Wingman #4 Chloe had gotten home and seeing the mess had taken care of everything and cleaned it all up. Oh what a relief. Chloe
I grabbed the girls and we headed straight out to go to piano lessons. I brought all the labels with me and while Chloe was in her lessons. Wingmen #5 (Elle) #6 (Ava) and #7 (Olivia) put stickers on over 600 envelopes for me!!
Ava and Elle!! My littlest wingmen!


Olivia kept asking if she could do more to help
After lessons we headed home for homework, dinner and putting kids to bed. It was a rushed evening and I finally got everyone settled. Now the big job began. I had to finish putting labels on and then paperclip all 700 fliers to the envelopes, I thought "no big deal" but it was a big deal. I worked and worked but after 2 hours I only had 150 done.
If you could see his eyes, he is so tired but hung in there with me!!
I just couldn't have gotten through this day without help.
I am so grateful to these amazing people in my life,
I hope they all know that I have their backs too!
Ava and Elle helped put them all in the teachers boxes this morning.


7 comments:
Wow girl..how lucky are you to have a team like that!!! Love the pics and the pics of your daughter in the play...my daughter will 13 next month...time sure does fly!! :)
I loved this post....but I really loved the picture of Chris on the bed. I am laughing right now.
Wow! I'm glad others were able to help you out...
Cough... cough... you could have called me and I would have helped... cough cough... :)
Julie, you know I would have called you but it just worked out that people called me. It was so weird how people just kept coming out of the woodwork to help me. I just appreciated it so much. Now I will need help next week running the store so I will be calling then!
I would be happy to help you next week with the store and with Ava. Give me a call and let me know what I can do. I am sorry I didn't call and offer to help. I thought about it last night when I read the email about her going out of town.
I have no doubt we could not handle all the responsibilites that have been placed upon our shoulders without sharing the load. Taking Chloe home is more of a TREAT. She kept us totally entertained on the right home!
Is Chris Iceman or Maverick? Or goose? Nope, he dies. Hmm...
And of course I could be your wingman. Or even co-pilot. Or ground control. Or Stewardess...one from the 50's with those cute little outfits...
Nevermind!
Post a Comment