Growing up, the camera was an untouchable. It probably didn't help that I grew up very poor so that roll of 35mm film cost good money and those 24 shots were like gold. Mom and Dad used the camera except in the rare instance that you were asked by Mom and Dad to take a shot. So fast forward to today....with digital cameras and endless pics to be taken that can be deleted in a heartbeat I have no problems letting my kids have at it with the camera. Let me say here that I am NOT skilled in any way with photography. My camera cost us about 100 bucks and so I don't live in fear of them breaking it.
Every time I sit to download pictures I am delighted (and sometimes horrified) by what I find. The girls just love to endlessly take goofy pictures and some of them are priceless. They capture facial expressions that I don't get when I say "say cheese". These pics I found of Elle today cracked me up....I asked Elle what they were doing and she said. "Mom, I hate those pictures because Ava (my 4 year old) was chasing me around and I had no pants on and she kept taking pictures of me." She doesn't look so mad to me in the pictures but her expressions are ones that I see everyday but have never captured on film nor do I think I could capture them unless I was a creepy Mom chasing them around with no pants on taking pictures!! I love the digital age. (I did crop them so she wasn't flashing her panties on my blog. )
And then there are often silly video clips!! I had a fun time finding all this on my camera today!


2 comments:
what is it with girls and cameras..lol..i have one daughter and she loves the camera..always taking pictures...I am the same never know what is going to be on the cam. till I download it...love the pics.... found you through big piece of cake blog... :)
Am I crazy in thinking Elle is looking more like Chris? Chloe is Gale-clone and Olivia and Ava seem a mix. But I think Elle is a gorgeous girl version of Chris. Random thought.
And I'm so glad they have kid-friendly digital cameras (don't tell Brenna, Merry Christmas!) She LOVES taking pictures. Maybe it's a girl thing!
Post a Comment