It was a busy morning. Chris had a 7 am flight, Chloe needed to leave early for school, Olivia needed homework checked and Elle and Ava just needed lots of love and my signature whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes. We rushed around and then as I dropped Chloe off (still in my pajamas) I said, "Chloe, we didn't get time for Scriptures and family prayer this morning" I rushed her out of the car with a kiss and said "don't forget to say a prayer". She assured me she would.
Tonight after dinner I felt badly that we had missed it so I gathered them all around and we had such a sweet evening. We read the scriptures and then had a discussion about the purpose of our lives. Why we have trials and what a blessing they can be. Understanding that our Heavenly Father's purpose is to have us grow and return to him. I cherish seeing the wisdom of these young girls. They shared such powerful thoughts and perspective that many would never believe came from young teen and pre-teen girls. They talked about their talents and abilities and how the whole reason the Lord has blessed them with those talents is so that they can serve and build others up. They shared their love of the gospel and their Savior. Ava eventually fell asleep in my arms, we had a family prayer and they each went off to get ready for bed. I feel so blessed. I just love these girls and feel humbled to be their mother. They teach me so much.
I am grateful for the trials that we have had over the past couple of years. I believe that as the girls have watched us struggle and refuse to 'get down' they have learned powerful life lessons. I have a deep belief in being grateful and positive no matter what life throws at you. We have grown and become better people because of it. There have been many nights where Chris and I have been at a complete loss as to what to do and where to go next but each day a new understanding would come to us. "Consider the lilies of the field" That has been my mantra, I know that the Lord is aware of us and we are being guided. One day we will look back and see the divine purpose in it all. If only to give my girls a better understanding of life then it is all worth it.


6 comments:
Thank you... Without gratitude, there's darkness. I love your words. I love you.
I liked this post and it made me reflect a lot today. My mother loved lilies and always had one at Easter. Before she passed away, she asked me to sing Consider the Lilies with my sister at her funeral- which I did. At the time, it was hard to get through and I must admit I didn't quite understand the message. Then when going through her papers, I found an article she had written in 1984 for some Relief Society sisters at Easter addressing what is written in D&C 84:81-84. It came full circle and I now understand. Thanks for "reminding" me of its message!
Camey Tucker
beautiful post thank you
I just gave you an award, come over to GOT ORG and get it
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I wish we could just go to lunch.....if it weren't for the thousand miles between us.
Your blog continues to inspire and make me want to be a better person. Thank you Gale.
Your girls are beautiful! I love your blog! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment