Wednesday, October 15, 2008

An Elephant on My Chest

Chris is away, only 3 days but I miss him somethin' fierce even when it is short. Today as I was running my errands, Olivia getting her braces on and shopping at Sams, I just kept thinking of him and my heart just hurt. That sounds so dumb but I just felt this weight on my chest that was heavy and immovable. He is so much a part of me that I ache when he is away. He is just so good good good. Words are completely inadequate. That is why I am posting at 2:30 am, I don't even want my head to hit the pillow without him there.


I know that the greatest joy in life is marriage to someone completely imperfect who you choose to love and grow with until you don't see two anymore. Then all the imperfections just somehow become irrelevant and the icing on the cake is scrumptious children who come out of that love to fill up your life. I just don't know what there is in life that even comes remotely close to it in terms of sheer deep abiding joy.

All else is counterfeit.

He will be home tomorrow and fall break for the kids begins.

I think it will be an amazing weekend.

6 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

I am glad your husband will be home soon! Marriage is a powerful force. Just a little over a year ago I was a single mom, a law student, very independent and now I hate to even go to town without my husband! I love being with him and hate to be away from him for any length of time!

okbushmans said...

Are you going to be here this weekend? (Please say yes!) We need to get together!

Bray said...

Ok, farmers wife I want to know your story? email me I would love to know how it all happened and did you finish law school? cgbray@gmail.com

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I noticed your beautiful family picture as the first poster on cjane's blog today. I had to come see your blog....I love that picture, it is a perfect capture. Hope you don't mind me snooping around your blog! I'm LDS in Austin.

Anonymous said...

very sweet post. marriage to your best friend is the greatest blessing in the world

Ashley said...

You don't know me, hope that's not creepy, but I enjoy your blog so much, I actually linked to it in my post for the day. Check it out, and if you'd like the link removed, let me know. Hang in there without your man!