Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tortillas and other important things

We just got back from a week in California.

I need to start this post with an observation; border states have AMAZING tortillas. In the summer we went on a trip to Colorado with our friends the Farnsworths (amazing family that we are so lucky to know). They are from Arizona and brought along these tortillas that we ate and ate and they were about the best things ever. So last week we went to SanDiego and stayed with our friends the Wilkinsons for a couple of nights. For breakfast they had these tortillas that, like the Farnsworths tortillas, were To DIE FOR. I find myself dreaming about them. I try to find anything that resembles them here and I am coming up empty. I WANT GOOD TORTILLAS. Ok, I am done.

So California was great. Here are the highlights.

The Beach


We went to the beach 3 times and had the BEST time!!

Disneyland!! I took this picture as I sat in front of them on the Roller coaster!! so cute!


Chloe and Olivia with their friends Maddie and Kat Wilkinson on the Indiana Jones ride.
And back to the Beach!!

They had a blast finding millions of Sand Dollars at the beach.




Oh did a mention that we went to California for a wedding, yes Chris's Dad got married and we had the best time. Chloe and Olivia wrote a song for the wedding and they did such a great job. I will post a video of the song tomorrow. My camera broke just before the wedding so I have no photos and will have to hopefully get some from other family that was there. Yeah for Dad and Aurora. We love you!!
We also got to spend time with my brother and his wife and son.....once again, no camera so we have no photographic record but it is recorded in our hearts.

3 comments:

brooklyn said...

i know what you mean about tortillas. we went to houston last year and i think we brought back 5 packs of tortillas because they were just sooo good.
and i love the picture of chris and ava on the ride - you captured such a great moment.
your next trip should be to utah!

Melissa said...

I'm glad the wedding trip was so fun. We love staying at Hotel Coronado...it was fun to see it in the background.
It looks like you packed in a lot of activity...Disneyland and SanDiego.

I forgot that we had brought tortillas to Colorado...glad you liked them. They did NOT measure up to your ribs! I still need to get some of your yummy recipes.

Jennie said...

Sounds so fun Gale! I hear ya on the tortillas---there is nothing like that around here! Ted's is a pretty good runner up though, don't you think? Glad you had a good trip.