Each of our girls just adore me when they are little. Chris and I would often play a little back and forth game wtih the girls "come to me....no come to me....no I want you....no me!" But their cute little legs would always carry them in to my arms and we would look at Dad with a "girls gotta stick together" look as he feigned tears. They want me when they are sad or hurt or just needed a hug and I give it out in bushels but I have learned that it all changes. I am not sure exactly what the age is but there comes a point when Dad is everything. Quite often I catch my girls feeling bad about all the attention lavished on their Dad and they give me a little charity "Oh Mom, we love you too" but I want them to always remember that I am happiest when I see them loving him. I married him becasue I knew that he would be a great Dad. I married him because I knew that I could always rely on him to walk a steady path for them to follow and I picked him because I know that a large part of girl's self esteem and foundation comes from that one key relationship. I want them to know that there is a man that loves them sooooo deeply that they will feel no need to search aimlessly for male attention that can often be selfish and destructive. When I see their faces light up when he is proud, when I see them run into our room in the morning to wake him and scratch his back and treat him like a king, when I see that they are complete and happy when he is home, I am complete and happy. Girls, my time will come....when you become young mothers and wives and begin moving into independance I know I will become invaluable. My words and hugs and tears will help guide you, until then keep cherishing this amazing man who you are so lucky to call Dad. 
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Daddy's little girls
at
3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment