Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I can't believe it......we have lost our minds!

For our friends and family who know us well they know that Chris and I adore each other. Really we do!!!! Our kids get annoyed because we flirt and kiss too much and we just genuinely love to be together. We have gone on a date every single Sat night since the day we got married and we make a point of keepin the love alive.
So with the adoption and all the craziness of life imagine our surprise when tonight at around 5 pm as we were making some airline flights and talking about dates for my Mom to come and visit and Chris said..."what's the date today?" at which Olivia replied "April 28". Chris just sat there and stared at me with a blank bewildered look and then in a slow methodical voice said, "Gale, do you realize that today is our anniversary?" We both just sat there in shock.....absolute shock!! My mind was spinning in disbelief. Could we really have just completely forgotten our 18th anniversary......YUP!
The funny thing is that it wasn't one of those things that I thought about last week or last month and then just had it slip my mind, it hadn't even entered my mind at all. We both started laughing and then he said...."do you even care?" "nope" I said "do you" "nope" he replied!
Then he said...."our anniversary gift is Eve and the 4 girls and this is the best anniversary EVER!!" I agree!!!
I am sure we will go to dinner this weekend and celebrate but I must say that 18 years ago I made the wisest and most important decision I have ever made!

9 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I LOVE that you are so in love. We are too after 35 years!!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!

Tracey said...

Happy Anniversary....

A Farmer's Wife said...

I love this story!!! AND - you don't look like you've aged a bit! Good for you!!!

Talia said...

That is hilairious! Graham and I just celebrated our 9th and we didn't even realize our anniversary was coming up till a couple days before...same kinda thing, we just remembered a tad earlier. haha!!

Jen said...

That is hilarious! The wicker chair is awesome AND your anniversay is the same day as my birthday. Only, I didn't forget my birthday! Just how old I was turning.

Rob McDonald Family said...

I remember that day oh so well, because I flubbed and left "the gift" from Leslie and I at home and I didn't go back and get it! (What was I thinking?)

Glad it didn't hinder the rest of the lovey-dovey marriage!!!!!

:)

leslie s said...

Gale from the "Via Dolarosa" to Monsieur to "with no hands" and so many other funny Chris'isms. I know you absolutely made the most awesome choice 18 years ago. But he is also pretty lucky to have "nothing gonna break her stride", ESTAAADAAAS, and "AHhhh, my friends are on the couch" and SO many others too. So, thank you both for 18 years of Hilarious, laugh out loud just thinking of them, moments.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
I love you spazzes so much.

Laurel said...

happy 18th! It's a good sign that you forgot. You are busy thinking of others! Very impressive actually. You look as young and healthy now as you did then. hugs.