Just prior to leaving to go to China we got some updated pictures of Eve taken in Jan or Feb. In her eyes I saw a hollow look that just looked so so sad to me. Yesterday I pulled those pictures back up and compared them to now and I see a huge difference. I believe love, contentment and security show more on her face now than in these foster care pictures. I will never know what her life was like in foster care but just her lack of development and the speed at which she is catching up lets me know that it wasn't anything close to the love and attention she gets now. I appreciate her foster mother because I know that she was cared for much better than in an orphanage but it would never be what a loving forever family could give. I can see a difference in these pictures and it is not due to the cute outfits or bows in the hair....it is in the eyes.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
I can't wait to see what happens next. I love your updates. Her light is shining that's for sure. Her spirit is radiating, true love and pure love. It's so wonderful to see.
There is DEFINITELY a sparkle in her eyes now!!! You and your family are just what she needed!!! Love seeing the pictures!
......and I can tell, a light has gone on in YOUR soul too! I love the way you all love her. She is blessed. You all are blessed. This is one precious baby girl. Can you believe she has been gifted to you to raise??!!!
I will say that you do dress her in the most ADORABLE clothes - always so cute!!! That said - there is a HUGE difference in her eyes! She is so alive now! I love the contrast! She must have been simply waiting and enduring until her forever family could get to her! Thank you for sharing!!!
Quit making me cry, Gale! I can't read a post of yours without getting all teary! You are right, she does have a different light in here eyes. That is truly amazing!
Gale, you should to write a book about this whole experience! You express yourself and family so well! Readers would "eat it up". The family loves reading your BLOG. My close friends love reading.
I think by sharing your journey, others will adopt.
ABSOLUTELY!
Aww...She knows she's home now. You really can see a glow about her in the later pictures. She's a beautiful little baby.
I just loved reading about your journey. And the pictures of Eve meeting her sisters for the first time are my favorite. Much love to all of you!
She looks so peaceful and content. With out a doubt her spirit knows she is where she belongs. She glows, and that is after only 3 weeks in your care. Imagine how she will look in a few months...No pressure :)
I can see the difference, too.
:)
Post a Comment