Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lines drawn-----Sunday thoughts

I find life to be so amazing........SO amazing. I look at all the mistakes, experiences and growth that I have experienced over the years and can feel nothing but gratitude. It is absolutely a sure thing to me that the Lord is over all and guiding and directing us if we allow it.


There have been times in my life when I have drawn lines marking what I felt was my capacity. "I can handle this, but not that". I have made determinations as to what I felt was my maximum ability. Not long ago I studied about a group of Mormon pioneers "the Martin/Willie handcart company. As I read I thought to myself, "I could never have done this, I could not have endured or handled what they were required to do and suffer". As I thought and prayed further my mind was opened up to an understanding that each of those people would have said exactly the same thing. Yet each of those survivors became great and did great things for their cause because they had endured and triumphed.

What my heart began to understand is that I don't know myself. I lived before this life with my Father in Heaven. As his child he knows me so much more than I know myself and he knows my capacity much better than me. When I no longer draw lines indicating what I am willing to do and simply say, "Father you know me better than I know myself, help me live up to my capacity and fulfill the measure of my creation", that is when miracles happen and our lives become so much bigger than we could have made ourselves.

Live is so amazing!

4 comments:

doyles said...

What awesome insight! This life is amazing, what a blessing and gift it is.

Sarah Hull said...

Such a great post! It is so wonderful to know the plan and know that we have a loving Father in Heaven who watches over us and knows us better than we know ourselves.
Once again I am so grateful for your example. I just love peaking in on you from time to time and learning from you!

Unknown said...

Amen!

Rob McDonald Family said...

I thought that when I sat in Martin's Cove last summer and realized it's not as much of a Cove, as it is an indentation in the mountain (hill?) I hate to be cold. It would have been so hard..especially just leaving loved ones behind barely buried in the frozen ground, or even up in the trees!

We totally don't know our strength until we have to face something truly difficult (and we have no choice!) When I was doing my program a few years ago and receiving heart-wrenching experiences from sisters all over Utah and Idaho..I was SO amazed that some of these women could be able to live and tell about some of the things they had endured..they were just so difficult. Very inspiring.

Anyway...Eve's so darling! We are switching to a SN's baby, as the reality of 3-4 more years wait sets in. Hope to find a baby whose needs are correctable. It's getting harder and harder though.