We just got home tonight and I am deliriously happy. First I want to say thank-you to all our friends and family who have cared and loved us through this time. Also a huge thank-you to all of you who commented. Blogger was blocked in China so I had to email all the pictures and posts to my sister and have her post them. I couldn't even get on to read the posts or comments and as I got home tonight and read all of your kind words of encouragement and caring I can not tell you enough how much it all meant so much to me!!
Today was a long day with the flight from China to Chicago being about 14 hours. We were so worried as we began the journey because we had no idea how Eve would handle it. Well she was an absolute dream. She slept, smiled, giggled and never once let out one unpleasant noise (well, nothing from her mouth...ha ha) We were expecting to have to some long hours of crying and walking the plane, Nope she was perfect and we had a great day.
I am so happy to be home!! Watching Eve meet her sisters was an absolute highlight of this whole experience. Seeing the immediate love they had for her was so touching. Chloe met us at the airport with my niece Leah, unfortunately because of all our luggage all the girls couldn't come. Olivia, Elle and Ava were dying at home as they waited for us to arrive. It was such a wonderful evening, the pictures below will show how excited and happy everyone was. As we went to bed one of the girls said "Mom, thank-you so much for doing this, our family wouldn't be the same without her". That makes the 4 year wait so worth it!
Chloe's first meeting at the airport. She was in tears as she gave her first loves to her new sister.
Olivia must have called us 10 or more times on the way home "are you close? when will you get here?"
Eve just seemed to soak in all the love. No question she was happy to be getting all this attention!


14 comments:
YAY! So glad you are home with your whole family! What a tremendous and wonderful experience!!! You are amazing! Thank you for sharing this with us!
I bet you are SO excited and relieved to be home! What gorgeous pictures. I LOVE the one with all of them just in awe! What an amazing experience
What precious pictures!!! I have been so excited and anxious to see your whole family together!!! Thank you so much for sharing this incredible experience!!!
Welcome home! I love all of the photos of everyone just going ga ga over her! I'm thinking this might just be your easiest child yet. With all the help from your older girls it doesn't seem it could get any better than that!
Wow!!! What an increadilbe experience!!!! All of it!!!
I loved your insight about nit being intue sight seeing mood ---- until you relized that this was your chance to soak up the culture so that you can tell eve about it when she us older !!!!!
I loved following your amazing story ! I was so touched by the foster moms adoration for her!!
I loved seeing all those tasty snacks in the market!!
I thought it couldn't get any better.
But when ibsaw the pics of the girls this morning with their faces elated with sheer joy to have eve home---- that was just the icing on the whole experience for me!!!!!
Love you all siooooooo much!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
( what size clothing is she wearing??)
Home Sweet Home. Isn't that what it's all about? SO happy for you guys! Enjoy a quiet Conference Weekend!
We will be anxiously awaiting the great temple experience you all will get to share.
Welcome home!!! I couldn't help it, reading this brought tears to my eyes. It is so adorable to see your whole family together. The sweet smiles on each of your girls faces, Eve soaking it all in, and to know that this 4 year journey has finally happened. We love and adore each of you and can't wait to meet that newest little angel of yours. Big HUGS!!! Love --L
.....I think they love her!!!
My eyes welled up as soon as I saw that first picture!! Congrats, your girls all look so happy!!!!
xo
Oh Gale! I am so happy you guys are home! I have read and re-read all of your posts and cried many tears...tears of joy, tears of remembrance and more tears of happiness!
Your posts about going to the orphanage and meeting the foster family was especially important for me to read. It gave me comfort to see where my daughter spent her first 9 months. It made me see the things I needed to see in order to move forward with some of my sadness for what she experienced and for what she lost. Thank you for posting those pictures and sharing it all with us.
You are such a blessed family! God is SO good!! Enjoy all of the firsts you will be experiencing in the weeks ahead. We look forward to watching your family continue to grow in love!
Oh my goodness what a heartwarming welcome home you all had! Love reading this and seeing the girls reactions. So incredibly sweet. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and I bet you're just so glad to be home!
What a beautiful family - welcome home! We came home with our sweet YiYang girl in December, enjoy the next few days as much as jet lag will allow you to! Thanks for sharing your journey!
Suz
Sooo exciting! It was fun to see your pictures with the baby and her sisters! :)
Post a Comment