This year is the Centennial year for the state of Oklahoma so in recognition of this all the schools are putting on the play "Oklahoma". Olivia has been talking about it all year and how badly she wants one of the main parts. The 5th grade also did another play earlier in the year and she got the main part so I warned her early that she would probably not get a main part in Oklahoma because they would want to give other kids the opportunity. Well, despite what I said Olivia, in true Olivia form, had the entire script memorized and all the songs down for the auditions. All the other girls were reading the script as they auditioned but not Olivia, she never does anything half hearted, she put her all into it. As the casting call drew closer she had prepared herself. "Mom, if I don't get a part I will just be happy for the girls that get it and not be a sore looser." Well, yesterday I was going crazy all day as they announced the cast. When I went to pick her up I knew immediately that the news was bad, her face just showed it. She got in the car and broke down. Tears were streaming down her face as she told me how heart broken she was about not getting a part in the play. I was heart broken for her. I just ached to see her so sad as I knew how much it meant to her. I comforted her as best I could until...................................she started screaming "I GOT the part of Laurie!!!!" That little trickster. "Why did you do that to me? That was so mean!" I asked. Oh Mom, I just wanted to see how good an actress I was. She is so funny. So she got the lead in the play and I am really not surprised as I know first hand that SHE CAN ACT. We are proud of you Olivia!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Olivia is already acting!! WOW! You are a family full of talent beyond any I have seen. Your post is making me laugh as I write. How fun it must be to watch your daughter set out for something, work hard, and achieve what she set out for. You must be a proud momma. I can't wait to hear more!
Hey Gale- It's me Kelly that posted the last comment. I started a blog for hudson and don't know why it says his name. Oops!
OK Gale, on April Fools, you have full reign! Your girls can handle pranks! Nice work Olivia! Let us know when it is, if you haven't noticed, we have thoroughly enjoying the theatrical arts!
Okay, that is so awesome. Olivia, you are one of a kind and sooo wonderful! Keep it up, girl! My big brother is an actor through and through and it makes life so fun!! Don't you love people who don't take themselves too seriously and dare to shine?
OLIVIA BENNING BRAY!!! I'm appalled at you! Tricking your sweet Momma like that! LOL - WAY TO GO!!! :)
Gale, you know who she takes after don't you...see if this rings a bell. "Monsieur!" LOL!! I will never let that die!!
Oh and I forgot.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Olivia you will be awesome in that part! We could not be more proud of all that you are doing and accomplishing! I wish I could be there to see it!
Ms. Gale-
Tell Olivia good job on getting the part of Lauri I am so proud.Tell her to check out my blog.Is it okay for me to add a link to their blogs?
Love,
Morgan
Congrats to Olivia! That is awesome. She will be wonderful!
Jennie
That is something my kids would do to me too. Cruel trickery! Everytime their report cards come home, they try to look sad and disappointed about it...and everytime it is just a trick. Of course, I have learned to play along.
EXCITING! Can't wait to hear more about it and see pics and videos of the performance.
What a tricky little girl!!
Congratulations! You'll have to make sure and let us know when the play is so we can see it!
That is sooo funny! When you can fool your mom, you know you are good! Lori I found a blog I know you will love http://rustysblog.com/2008/04/08/a-brief-history-of-me-why-i-think-were-not-limited-by-our-past/
Post a Comment