Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sweet Cheese!


I just have to put a note about this in here so I never forget how funny this is. It all started with Chris and his idiosyncrasies that I LOVE. Things like finding funny songs or crazy things that just make life fun and funny. He is the master of finding humor in life. So he thinks Dolly Parton music is funny, the way she talks in soft whispers in her songs and some of them are so cheesy. So on Easter Sunday he breaks out a Dolly song called "He's Alive" The song is really the story of the death and Resurrection of Christ and is really good storytelling. Chris puts it on as we are headed to church and the girls are really enjoying it. Well at the end of the song Dolly yells out "Sweeeeeet Jesus" it is slightly irreverent but very Dollyesque. So we open the door to go into church and as we are in the parking lot Ava yells out, in front of the Bushmans no less, "Sweeeeeet Jesus". I grab her (as everyone is laughing their heads off) and in desperation to stop her from yelling it out in primary I tell her "no honey, it is sweet cheese". Well, now that is her mantra. when anything is good or she is happy she exuberantly says "sweeeeeet cheeeeese" and it is cracking me up!!

3 comments:

leslie s said...

I will never look at Cheese or Chris the same. So funny!

Bray said...

So funny! Sweet Cheese.

olivia

Melissa said...

Now we are going to have to find that song and listen to it.

PS We love the new look of Elle's blanket. Who was willing to do it for you? That was one of the best stories.