We just finished one of my favorite weekends of the year (there are 2). I love it because it is a wonderful mandatory sit down and take a big long drink of spiritual rejuvenation. I look forward to it for 6 months and as soon as it ends I begin looking forward to the next one in 6 months. I think our lives are so busy that this weekend is just for us and our family and we take full advantage. It was our church's semiannual worldwide conference. This is televised so we stay home the whole weekend and listen to our church leaders. It is beyond great and really no words can describe the things that we felt and heard. Spiritual things are often hard to describe in words but it was a very special time and I am so much better for having heard it. There are 2 sessions on Saturday that are 2 hours each and 2 more on Sunday. On Saturday we got all our chores done and then sat and enjoyed the first session. We all gather in our bedroom and get cozy and we make sure we have great snacks, appetizers and food. Our only stipulation is that our kids are in the room with us the whole time but they can do what they want. They had a great time all day making beautiful jewelry as we watched. They sat and listened for all four hours and made all kinds of beautiful necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. As soon as the second session was over they packaged them up in really cute packages and went out door to door and sold their wares. Then on Sat night while daddy went to the priesthood session all us girls went to see Nim's Island. What a fun day.
Today was much like yesterday in that we watched the two sessions had great food and just had family time. The girls made more jewelry as we watched and then after it was all over we all went for a walk together. Just a great, relaxing, happy family weekend.
Here is Elle with her newly covered beloved blankie!


3 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as we did! I love the jewelry idea! And what a relief you found SOMEONE to recover Elle's blankie!
Your family is so cute. I love you guys.
Gale, I loved our talk today. You are always in my heart and never need to feel bad talking to me. You are a strong girl who I love and admire. HUGS!!
Well put once again Gale. What a great idea to do jewelry during the sessions. What a fun mom of girls you are!
I am so glad to hear that you've had a chance to watch part of that DVD. I want to know your real opinion. Call me when your done.
Post a Comment