
Saturday we bit the bullet and had the yearly, despised, garage sale. I do not enjoy them. To me it is so much work but as we prepare to move it is a necessity as we have so much stuff that I don't want to take with me to a new house. It was really funny to me because there were several things that I had visions of people fighting over and then there is the junk that I put out but fully intended to have to throw away at the end of the day. What actually sold? THE JUNK, and the stuff that I was sure we would have soccer moms getting into fist fights in my driveway over is still there and being picked up by the salvation army truck.....go figure. I have decided that I must have no taste or I have way overvalued my junk.
I also laugh at how every year I get on my high horse and say things like "I am pricing this table at $5.00 per item and I will not go down!!! Then by noon I am acting like a shop keeper at an open air market "I'll take $2 dollars for every thing on that table.....Ok $1.00 is fine, if you buy 3 I'll go down to .50 cents." Next year I am buying a bull horn so I can be heard more effectively.
Bottom line is it is done, but this week as we were cleaning out more rooms to get ready to sell the house, Chris said "Gale I think we are going to need to have another garage sale!" Arrrrrrhhhhh! he is right

Ava gave complementary rides to all the children who came to the sale! She is so happy!
Chris, of course, handled all the money
Hmmm, Chloe doesn't look too happy about having to help at the garage sale.

The oven in the far corner, that doesn't work sold and the dishwasher that works great didn't. hmm
7 comments:
Isn't it the best feeling, now that is is over, to have it gone.
That was funny about the junk vs. valuable.
I found out the details on our trip, I'll call you later and let you know the options. We are so excited!
Looks like fun! :) Now- you need to update me on your move plans.
It always amazes me what people will buy at garage sales. And like you said, what they won't buy!! I think I will have ours in a couple of weeks - Any advice?!!
That is cool you had a garage sale because we are having one too!Can you tell elle that?
Love:Lydia
oh I need to have a garage sale! We are getting ready to moved too and I just wonder how we accumulate so much stuff. Every time we move I feel embarrassed about all the STUFF we have. But then every time we move I also end up throwing a lot away - so I guess there is a perk.
That is pretty ambitious of you to do one annually. way to go.
Our YW are having a garage sale for a camp fundraiser, so I am giving all my junk to them! Isn't that the best idea ever? I love it and then I don't have to organize the sale and sit there all day. Although I secretly love to make someone happy with a real screamion' deal!
Looks like your garage sale was fun!! At least Ava was having fun. Garage sales are not my fav either- but a great way to get rid of stuff/junk and make a little money!! We will probably have one soon. Have you found a house yet?
Post a Comment