Sunday, April 13, 2008

Strange mating rituals

This past week we have been plagued by a neighbor boy who is smitten with Chloe. He is in 8th grade and rides her bus but she has never spoken to him. Well about a week ago he randomly came to our house with a friend and was doorbell ditching us. He would ring the bell, and run away. He did this 7 or 8 times and in between ringing our doorbell he would just sit with his friends on our neighbor's lawn across the street and just stare at our house. This happened several days in a row. Then on Saturday afternoon he shows up with 3 friends and is ringing our doorbell and then again sitting out on our neighbors lawn just staring at our house. He was there for hours. Whenever Chloe went out he would run away. I am utterly confused by this behavior. What is he hoping to attain especially when he runs away everytime she comes out? This is definitely a new generation because I have never seen anything like it.

The boys sitting on the neighbor's lawn across the street

So later in the afternoon I had asked Chloe to sit down and record the new song she had written...as she began she looked up and he was on our neighbors lawn with a garbage bag on his head dancing. I will post the video because I think it is funny. It is a little hard to see. Oh the joys of having a teenager.

She finally went out and forced him to talk to her. His friend told Chloe "he wants to ask you out but he is scared because you have a reputation in the school as "the say NO girl". Yup she sure does. She said "I am not dating until I am 16. I think she was flattered though.

6 comments:

brooklyn said...

you should listen to the jerry seinfeld stand up routine called I'm telling you for the last time. he talks about men and some of their strategies for "hooking" up wiht women - so funny!!
like the drive by honk (what is the woman supposed to do, kick off her heels and run after him yelling " I had no idea how you felt."
anyways, super funny and i was reminded of it by this funny story.

okbushmans said...

Not only has it just begun with Chloe, but you have 4 more after her! And I still don't understand mating rituals, and I'm married! But I never heard of the trash-bag mating dance...creative is a kind word!

leslie s said...

Okay, forget the garbage guy...I was excited to hear the song!!!

Melissa said...

Poor awkward kid is smitten! Love Chloe's laugh

Robyn said...

That was great!!! I still want to hear the rest of Chloe's song, though. Boys are weird!!! I guess that is why I married one, I like that about them. :)

Unknown said...

That just cracks me up!!! Who knows why boys do these crazy things. Landon is a whole different person when he brings his girlfriend over to the house..it is weird...