Eve is here. I'm speechless. What more can I say. Here are our first minutes with her. She was tired and hungry. She is Wonderful!!



We have now had 2 days with Eve and I think we know her pretty well and we just can't believe how perfect she is. She is soooooo good. She never cries unless she needs to burp or needs to eat but even then she will just let out a little yell to let us know. Yesterday afternoon she took a 3 hour nap and would have gone longer but we had to be somewhere and had to wake her up and she was not easy to wake up, she is a sleeper.
We took her out yesterday evening with us as one of the hotel staff asked if he and his girlfriend could take us out to dinner, we went to a restaurant that is the China version of "The Melting Pot". It was a table with a wok type heated pan in the middle filled with veggies and hot boiling broth. Then they bring out platters of meats and veggies to dip in and cook in the hot broth. It was so good but we wondered how Eve would do on her first day with us going out on this adventure. She was wonderful, she smiled at all the waiters and was so cute. After the night out we came back to the hotel and put her to bed at about 10pm. I braced myself to be woken up a few times in the night but she slept until 7am. At 7 I heard some sweet little cooing from the crib and when I went over to greet her she was all smiles. I again expected her to wake up in a new place and be upset or at least get upset when she saw a new face greeting her this first night away from her foster home but she just giggled and smiled and was so dear. I think she knows we are hers and she is ours.
We went to the government offices this morning and went through tons of paperwork, interviews and then got our official document stating that the adoption is final.....it's official, she is ours.
Chris and I have had such a blissful trip. We feel so blessed, especially as we walked by the hotel room of the other family who came with us and heard constant crying coming from their room all day. Their little girl had a hard day and night but today is doing much better.
Again, we can't thank you all enough for your love and prayers and can't wait to bring our new angel home.



18 comments:
Sooooo very precious!!! I'm so excited for all of you!
Gale, she's so cute! Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see you guys and to meet little Eve! What an angel!
I melt! She is GORGEOUS! (Fits right in!) Is it just me, or do these pictures look similar to first baby pictures at the hospital? Chris in a chair, an upclose sleeping shot, Gale with her on the bed. It is perfect!
And I am SOOOO relieved for her and you that she is sleeping well. She probably feels that peace of finally belonging! It makes me cry! I can't wait to hear everything.
Oh, Gale!!
Congratulations, I am in tears right now!! I am so happy for you guys and for little Eve as well. How lucky you all are!
Enjoy this special time.
Talia xoxo
I have been waiting for this post!!! She is perfect and I am so happy for your family.
I'm so very happy for you! So glad to hear everything is going so well!
Gale I am so incredibly happy for you all. Thank you so much for sharing this with us - she sounds like an absolute delight and I wish you all the best with the rest of your trip, and your journey home!
You are making me cry. She is so sweet. I can't believe how good she has been for you. It is almost unbelievable to think she has been waiting for you. Enjoy the rest of your trip. I can't wait to see her.
Many happy tears streaming down my face. Eve is just beautiful and in the arms of her forever family. I have just loved your posts and completely understand the emotions you have been feeling...there is something about China that just overtakes your heart and soul. Enjoy the next part of your journey with your daughter in your arms!
oh she is too cute! i'm jealous of bethany! how exciting.
Wow! Thanks Gale. It seems like magic!
xo amy
she is so beautiful. You three all look very happy and content. Safe travels. Can't wait to see more pics though.
love ya
You are truly blessed....just a lurker who finds inspiration through your blog...
All the best
Congrats Gale. I'm very very happy for you and your family.
We looked at all these new pictures today with the girls. We are all so excited for you. She is an absolute doll. And what a bonus that she sleeps through the night!
Congratulations Gale and Chris!! So exciting - she's beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures of her with your other girls! love, karly
She is the most beautiful baby..oh my word you are blessed.
Gale and Chris~ I am SO filled with joy for you guys!! I've been waiting for this post as well. I can't wait to hear and see more pictures of little Eve!! Congratulations!!! Love, Shannon Bolt
Post a Comment