Monday, March 29, 2010

Sabbath at Guangzhou

After church - Look at her cute smile

We went to church yesterday. It was quite a large branch, about 50 people, including several youth which surprised me. It made me wonder how hard it would be to live in America and then have your parents pick up and take you to China. I asked one of the members how the youth handle it and he said "actually they start to get a little bit entitled because they are like rock-stars here. Everyone wants to be around them and then in their homes they have maids, cooks and drivers so they have a harder time going back to the U.S and being normal kids. I thought that was funny.
In front of the Church (it was a hotel like building) the meeting was on the 7th floor

We then had a yummy lunch at a italian restaurant that a member suggested.....it was amazing, we were served an appetizer of caesar salad, main course of scallop/tomato risotto and them a creme brule desert all for $8.00.
We then came back near the hotel, went for a walk around the river and then had an 80 min foot massage (Eve just sat in my arms) Oh it was so incredible. My idea of a perfect Sabbath in China.


During our sunday foot massage!

Eve is doing amazing. Every day she gets stronger, more outgoing, and more alert and connected. I love love love her. One thing that is amazing to me is that she smells just like my other babies. Seriously, what are the odds of that? Her breath, her neck, her head, all of it, when I smell her it is the same yummy scent Elle and Ava have. So amazing how Heavenly Father works in our favor. You know how much smells mean to me so it is amazing that she smells so good. She is so much like my other girls that it is almost like I have a biological daughter who just happens to be oriental. So amazing to me how the Lord works.

The time is going quickly, we only have 5 more days and then we get to be home and let our girls shower her with love. It will be such a happy reunion.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Gale-
I caught up reading your blog. I cannot even tell you how happy I am for you guys! Eve is beautiful and looks so happy. (So do both you and Chris.) I have such a soft spot in my heart for adoptions, and this just brings me to tears. Congratulations on your new beautiful little lady. I know the girls will love and adore her.

Ashley said...

Love to see those smiles!!

Momofgirls said...

I have been absolutely glued to your blog as your adoption story has been unfolding! We were out of town this week and I am so so so so excited to see that Eve is safe with her parents!!! She is precious!!

What a lucky little girl finding such a wonderful, precious family!! I will be praying for you all as you transition into this "new" life you will have, and for safe travels home!!