Monday, March 1, 2010

Counting down!

Wow, I can't even begin to explain the emotions I am having. We got the call today and we will be traveling around March 16-March 31st. I expected to travel the first of April so this is much quicker than expected and I am thrilled. Everyday that my daughter has to spend without our love and attention is agony for us and her (she just doesn't know it yet). It can't come soon enough yet it is coming so fast that I suddenly feel unprepared.

I am amazed at how almost every thought is upon her and how our lives will change when she comes home. When I told my girls the travel dates they all screamed with joy and repeated over and over how excited they are and that they can hardly stand to wait. Then tonight at dinner they started trying to beat each other out on what they get to do "first". "I get to take her to my school first!" says Chloe "Well I get to have her sleep with me first" screams out Elle "I get to feed her first" chimes in Ava and Olivia says...."I just want to miss a whole day of school and play with her alone!" Oddly enough no one was fighting to be the first to change her diaper.....oh well. I told them that they all need to slow down cause she will have a lot of adjusting to do before we can just haul her around everywhere. Regardless, I love their excitement and love. Eve has no idea what she is in for.

Last night all 4 of my girls spent the evening making up a dance routine choreographed by Chloe and Olivia. After several hours of rehearsal I got called in to watch and I was just so full of love and joy for the relationship between these 4 sisters. I felt joy for what Eve will be a part of and how surrounded, loved, adored, doted on and sometimes bossed around she will be by these 4 older sisters. It just makes me so happy that we get to have her. I am full of joy beyond words tonight. I love this snapshot below and can't wait to get some taken with our new addition!!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Their enthusiasm (and yours!) is contagious. I'm absolutely thrilled for you ALL!

Tracey said...

How exciting. I can't wait to hear how it all goes. I just realized that I left the camera info in my comments, under yours!

Love Being A Nonny said...

WOW! What beautiful girls. I became a follower today!

Jen said...

I have a request. When you bring her home, and life is hectic, and you are even more stretch with time and you just don't think you can fit in ONE MORE THING, please blog. There is something very special about adoption to me, maybe it's because my mom was adopted, maybe it's because you are giving someone so much more--and receiving so much more, maybe it is that and so much more. Adoption is an amazing gift to all involved and I feel very uplifted when I hear of the love and joy. I know that I am far from a priority, but it makes me happy and grateful to know of your story and to witness, from a distance, the incredible blessing.

Ashley said...

What a blessing for all of you. You'll continue to be in my prayers as you make these changes.
Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Take lots of photos and video of your trip.
We are so excited it will occur soon!

Amy said...

Hi Gale,

Thanks for posting on my blog. Have a happy happy trip and I can't wait to read more about it. I think you will enjoy those books I recommended. You might also enjoy the travel memoir Lost on Planet China by Maarten Troost.


xo Amy from Indiana