Today is monumental for our family. After 4 years of waiting and hundreds of heartfelt prayers we finally got our referral today. We now know that our sweet new adoptive daughter is currently living in the Jiangxi province of China. She was born on July 10th 2009 and is currently living in foster care. We will be traveling to China in the next 4-6 weeks to pick her up. There are no words to explain the joy we feel after such a long wait.
Her name is Eve and sometime soon I will write about why we chose to adopt, why our family is not complete without her, and why her name is so significant.
Wow what a special day!!


11 comments:
That is wonderful. I know you have been waiting for her. Let me know if you need any help with the girls while you are gone.
I am so happy for your family... I know what a long journey this has been. So happy to hear and can't wait to meet her someday.
I am so happy for you guys!!!! Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help! :)
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!
Oh my goodness - what exciting news! I am so happy for you, and your family! I have friends who have adopted from Korea, and they couldn't be happier, or more complete. Best wishes on your travels!!
Congratulations to you all! How wonderful, for you and for that little baby. What a blessing!
What amazing news! Congratulations! That picture is precious. What an angel.
WOW!!! What a wonderful blessing this will be for all of you! I can't wait to hear more about this!
congrats!!!!
i will admit that with the whole haite issie going on and with all of the orphans needing homes, i have actually considered the thought? don't know if it will even happen but when i hear stories like yours, i gain an even greater respect for you!
you are awesome and i can't wait to hear the full story.....
oh my gosh, is she not the cutest little thing in that puffy outfit?! i really hope you get to keep that outfit and those adorable green shoes. i'm glad your wait is finally (almost) over!
Post a Comment