Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And another note!

Ok I can't post Chloe's latest song without posting the most recent from my 12 year old Olivia. I am so proud of their commitment to their craft! They absolutely love to write music and do it daily. I have to say this so I don't ever forget. When I pick up the girls from school or we are coming home from somewhere it is often common for kids to "call" things. Such as, "I call the computer when we get home". Well, it gives me deep joy and satisfaction that I can count on driving into the neighborhood and hear one of them say "I call the piano" with 2 or 3 others groaning in disappointment. It is so weird to me as I abhorred practicing the piano as a child and avoided it at all costs. Trust me...this is not due to any wonderful parenting on my part they just came to earth with this gift and desire. I love hearing the words "Mom, come and listen to my new song!" and I love laying in bed dozing off to them playing and singing. I LOVE IT!

I think Eve will like all the music she will be surrounded with.
"Inside of You"

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Love it! I have always been a singer, and I've sung all over the country, but when I was about that age I was DETERMINED I was going to write music. Nope! No matter how I tried, THAT was a gift I missed out on, so I think it's so cool to see your girls doing so well.
Congrats!

leslie s said...

Awesome Song!! Love it.

Morgan said...

I'm so amazed my your girls' talent. They're so incredible! I love that they're able to express themselves so beautifully through music. That is truly a gift.