Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh how our family loves that cold white fluffy stuff!

SNOW??....not a chance. I am talking whipped cream. Since this blog is to document our family it would not be complete without a post about whipped cream. We eat it EVERY DAY. It is a wonder that we are not all 300 lbs. There is not a day that goes by where whipped cream isn't served for breakfast. It is a staple in our house and when, and if, we run out there is a shadow of gloom over all of us (well, except Elle, she is our one "no cream please" girl.) In fact Whipped cream is such a staple in our house that calling it whipped cream is way too cumbersome. It is just cream and we all know what we are talking about......."pass the cream", "Hey she's eating all the cream". "Mom, where's the cream".

Breakfast Menu items:

Whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes topped with syrup and Creme.

Whole wheat waffles topped with syrup and creme

Crepes topped with creme and fruit

French toast topped with syrup and creme

And our favorite of all

*Dutch Babies topped with syrup creme and fruit

Usually there is sausage or bacon on the side.

Now you may be asking do you ever eat eggs? omlettes? hash browns? Yes we do and in these instances we are all drinking a big cup of heaven called Postum with.....yes you guessed it. Creme on top. Ah life is good.

12 comments:

brooklyn said...

that sounds like our family. we have 3 cans of whipped cream in our fridge right now. we have that type of breakie every saturday morning.
ned just said the other day that the hardest part about doing the biggest loser competition is not getting to have our saturday morning waffles with fruit, syrup and whipped cream.
oh and we also load it on to our hot chocolate - oh now i am craving it.

A Farmer's Wife said...

YUM!!! Do you whip the cream yourself or purchase the canned cream? I like to whip the heavy whipping cream myself and add just a bit of sugar to it. AND I would not be surprised if the Dairy Council contacts your family...you eat cream and you are all fit and beautiful! Definitely a shot in the arm for America's dairy industry! Way to go!

Robyn said...

Dang girl! I want to hang out at YOUR house.

Alisha said...

Postum? Wow-o! I didn't even know they still made that!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

How on earth do you all stay so thin?! Genetics have been good to you.

Bray said...

Kate, notice how you never see a full body picture of me....there is a reason for that. I need to cut some cream out!!

Alisha, They don't make postum anymore...I heard they were closing shop so I had my sister in Canada get me a bunch. When my supply runs out I am one sad girl!!

Jennie said...

That is so funny! I remember this about you. I remember bringing you dinner after you had a baby, and the dessert I made you slipped off my seat. The whipped cream was everywhere, but the rest was okay, and Chris said, "Don't worry we always have cream here!" :) My kids hate the stuff for some reason. Morgan will tolerate it, but if it has been touched by whipped cream, it's tainted and my boys won't touch the stuff. :)

leslie s said...

I love this post...brings back good memories of being with the Brays for breakfast! Dutch baby recipe please...been waiting...ya know.

Jen said...

So how does it work? When your TRYING to be healthy, you go for the whole wheat pancakes to offset the creme! I need to eat breakfast at your house :)

Anonymous said...

We have those same mugs and love 'em. All the talk of cream brings back memories of our house, where cream is also a huge Dave Remington staple. It goes on everything, even unwhipped atop oatmeal etc. It's actually pretty good like that.

melody said...

Postum you say? Pleassssssse tell me where I can get some... they have discontinued it here and I can't even find it online. stanker@cox.net thanks!

Tiff said...

oh yum does that list sound good...we love whipped cream to...well cept hubby..he is not big on sweets...yes..he is crazy...lol...