Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years

A good friend requested we post our New Years pictures. I must say that we do New Years big and it is so much fun. We always have a huge Fondue dinner. We have been doing this since the day we got married and the girls look forward to it every year. We are Fondue pros!! Each year we invite a family and we start getting requests early in Dec. It is the golden ticket. We usually only invite one family as it is too hard to do with more than that.

The Cordy Family came this year and then our neighbors the Englishes' also came.
Because we ended up having 2 families we had to make a separate table for the teens!
After fonduing we went to a New Years family dance at our friends, the Merkleys, driving school. It was a blast!! My camera ran out of batteries so this is the only pic I got of the fun dancing evening. The little girls out-danced everyone, they put all the teenagers to shame.
The next day our friends the McKinley's' warmed up their pool to 90 degrees and invited us over. The kids had a blast! What is better than winter swimming.

Then of course.....afternoon bowling. I think 5 or 6 families came and we had a great time!



Then it is off to bed for the kids.

My favorite part then begins. Chris and I share our New Years resolutions. This year is particularly important as we have grown so much this year and have prayerfully tried to decide what our plans and goals for 2009 are going to be. That is for another post.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

15 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I wish I could have come to the fondue party! It's one of my favorite meals, and your group looks like they had a lot of fun.

Ashley said...

So fun! I love a good party. Friends are the best, aren't they? Glad you had a fun New Years, and I LOVE the swimming in the winter! What rebels!

Anonymous said...

looks wonderful!

your hubby looks so much like this actor I've seen....crazy!

Hapy new year

Jennie said...

Gale- Looks like fun! My kids LOVE it when I do fondue. I think it is their favorite meal. I can't wait to hear your plans for 2009. I hope you have a wonderful year.

Christy said...

Your family is definitely one of the cool families - the house where the other kids want to go and hang out after school. I hope my house is the cool house too, when my daughter is older. Your photos are awesome and now I am craving Fondue. As we don't make it, I might need to make reservations at a Melting Pot restaurant - mmm mmm good. Happy New Year!

Tiff said...

Yes I know a million comments..catching up on my blog reading...love the pics!! Happy New Year's! :)

A Farmer's Wife said...

Ok - it is a very small world! I know the Merkleys! I am actually very good friends with Mrs. Merkley's sister, Angie Smith. VERY small world! Angie, her husband & their four darling children were in my ward, the Guthrie Ward, while I attended law school in Oklahoma! I never would have made it there without Angie! She is the best! I'm so excited that you are surrounded by such wonderful people!

Jen said...

If I ever move to Oklahoma, I hope my family is the one invited over! YUMMY!

Momofgirls said...

Fun Fun Fun! I have always wanted to try fondue! Your blog is so fun to read and so encouraging!

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well, let me try this again!

I LOVE your blog. I have selected you to give the Butterfly Award to for Blog Awesomeness...if that is even a word. Check out my blog for the post!

Shannon said...

Gale, I really need you to show me how to fondue. I have a fondue thingy and don't have the slightest idea how to use it. But I guess I'll have to come home for a visit, unless you can explain it in words. I love reading your blog! Your family is so cute!

Sunshine said...

I'm so glad you posted the fondue pictures! I have such great memories with you on New Years. Some New Year's we need to plan to be together, so I can get a refresher.

Nicole said...

Hi! You don't know me....I came upon your blog from Shawni's, but I just wanted to say how GORGEOUS your family is & what a fabulous writer you are!

katie said...

new years looked like A BLAST! way to go :)

also your previous post on "a perfect moment" was perfectly said. i totally agree...but thanks for your thoughts!

:)