Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shameless Plug

I know that many blogs endlessly brag on their children. It bothers some, but I love it because what is more important than family? With so many uncared for children in the world what is better than mothers who love and feel pride in their children? Yes I am often one of those people but there is nothing else that brings me so much happiness and fulfillment. I am often bursting with joy as I watch my girls move forward in their life and accomplish things that amaze me. Well as most of you know my girls love to write music. So the other day they put one of their songs, that they went to a local studio to record, with pictures. A friend of ours asked us to post it. I love it and hope you will indulge a mothers pride. I love the song and I think they sang it well. The lyrics to me are well beyond a 12 year old (age she was when she wrote it). Also a shout out to my dear friend Lissa Hatcher who took all but 2 of the pictures. http://www.lissahatcher.com/.

20 comments:

leslie s said...

I love this song - It's on my ipod! My girls have me play it over and over for them...along with Overflow. We are BIG FANS of you guys!!

Ashley said...

How could you NOT be proud of that? The girls really are so talented, and it's awesome that you encourage them to keep it up. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Jennie said...

It looks awesome! I think your girls are wonderful, and I'm glad they share their talents so willingly.

P.S.(Will you email me your new home address? I need to send you your Christmas card.)

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!

First of all lady, you have every RIGHT to post something like that. I don't think it is braggin in the least. They not only have amazing talent and beauty but I honestly see them going somewhere with thier talent. What great examples they can be to so many young girls!

I have an eye for talent. Honestly I do LOL aside from picking every years winner for American Idol, I really do see something special there.

AWESOME! When they record their first full lenght record, please post about it, I want to buy it!

Bray said...

stACEy,

Thanks so much. If you correctly guessed every years American Idol winner then you are to be trusted and I am honored that you think there is something special...I think so but don't all mothers! I just love that they have found somthing to put their hearts into.

Anonymous said...

you should be so proud! what beautiful girls.

Misty said...

My heart is bursting and they're not even my babies!!! What ABSOLUTELY beautiful (inside & out)talented girls you got!!! Thanks for sharing, Gale. Those lyrics... I can't believe a 12 year old wrote that!! :)

Misty said...

the photography is breathtaking as well... I love the one with the balloon thingy... so CREATIVE!!!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Holy crap! You have a couple child prodigies on your hands. I hope you don't mind, I stumbled upon your blog from Cjane's blog. You had a cute family picture, had to check ya out. Anyway, that was seriously amazing. I can't believe such young people can have such talent. I also read your most recent post, and I am so nervous for when my children grow up and have mean friends. But I really take comfort in reading what you had written. We always have to keep things in prospective, thanks for reminding me of that.

Bray said...

Thanks so much to for all of your sweet comments!! It means a lot to my girls. They were excited to hear the feedback.

Robyn said...

If your own mother can't/doesn't brag about you, who will?

Brag away I say!

The Corbridges said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Corbridges said...

I just happened upon your blog about a month ago and listened to some of your daughters songs... and just came back again today too see if there were any new ones... I just wanted to say that I think you have the most beautiful, talented girls ever! I am 24 and looking up to your daughters! :) I can't believe they aren't already famous, but if they someday choose to be- I'm already a fan! Their songs are honestly some of my favorites! Keep up the great work!

Bray said...

Tiffany,
Thanks so much, I hoped that you had a blog so I could find out more about you but alas....no. Your complement it so sweet and means a lot. My girls write everyday and I feel that they are really progessing and one day we may do something with it but I hope they can just be young girls right now.

The Corbridges said...

I do have a blog, but never realized that it's really not that easy to find - so just so you don't feel like I'm anonymously looking at your life without you being able to look at mine here's my blog url :) http://thecorbies.blogspot.com/
trust me... nothing too exciting. :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Seriously, they are better than any kid on the radio. I am SO impressed!

Tiff said...

Wow you have some really talented kids! My 13 year old sat and listened to their song and loved it as well! Hope to see and hear more songs soon! :)

Anonymous said...

I love new song! Gale and Chris, your girls are so talented and beautiful and the greatest thing is that they keep it in perspective! I think that is why they are so likable also, they don't let it go to their heads! You have every right to be proud of all their hard work! It's great that they have such commitment and are still down to earth girls enjoying every moment! They have it!!! And you have instilled so many values into them. How great is that??? :)

Christy said...

Gale, I just listened/watched this video for the first time over the weekend and I must say I am super impressed! The verse is just incredible - what talented daughters you have. And their voices are amazing too. Of course it goes without saying that they are just gorgeous on the outside too - beautiful slideshow! If they do ever record a single or an album, please do post it on your page so I can buy it too!

I would have watched your video earlier, but honestly I hadn't even been on you-tube until this weekend - when Matt and I watched those hysterical videos Kate posted on her site. I can't believe I've been living in the dark for so long - I'm a new addict.

SusieQ said...

What a beautiful and talented family. Loved the song!!