Saturday, December 6, 2008

The mom ponytail

The Holiday Store finished up today. It was such a great week and a huge thanks to my friends who were so helpful.

I am horrified by 2 things that happened this week; first I was asked to sing at an event on Thursday night, why I said yes to anything the week of the H S is just crazy but it took until Thursday at 5:15 pm (the event starting at 6:30) for me to realize that it just wasn't going to happen. If I am ever asked to do something I will go to the ends of the earth to follow through but I just could not see my way through the clouds and had to make that awful call at the last min to bail. I am truly horrified but that night I didn't even get home until almost midnight. Julie, if you read this I apologize again, and again, and again!!

Second horrific; today I got up, showered, blow dried my hair and headed out to a busy day at the school, upon arrival someone said something that horrified me. This person is someone I have known for 2 years. She worked with me on the holiday store last year and our daughters are best friends. We see each other, not often, but frequently. I walked in and upon seeing me she had a look of surprise, then said this, "Gale your hair is down!". I wrinkled my brow and squinted my eyes suspiciously...."yes, my hair is down?" Why was she saying that to me? Then this....."Oh, I have just NEVER seen you with our hair down, it is always in a ponytail, it looks good you should do that more often." You are kidding??? I can't believe that this woman who I have seen so many times over the past 2 years has only seen me with the "mom ponytail". I am seriously sick about this because I know that I am guilty. How many times I wake up and take care of my kids only to realize that we are running late so my hair goes in the easy up. Horrific, and I am changing my ways today!

Here are some pics of week!
Ava wrapped a million presents. She was the best helper!!

Ava worked with me every day and the days were long for her. So when she got bored this is what she did. Took random pictures.


She also was thrilled to get to eat lunch in the big girl cafeteria with her sister every day!!

10 comments:

okbushmans said...

I am so glad that is over for you! What an undertaking. You are superwoman!

Our Family said...

Wow! You rock! The mom pony tail is necessary most days for me. Do my friends and family want me showered...or my hair done? They choose shower everytime!

Jen said...

Gale, you are so funny! The pony tail is something that I have tried and tried to avoid. Now I realize that I have 2 almost 3 small children so things may change in a few years when I have more and they are bigger, but when I get my haircut, I try to have it cut so it's long enough to be feminine but short enough so it won't go up in a pony tail. Thus, I HAVE to do it. That's not to say that I don't let too much time pass before I need a haircut and then it will go into a pony tail, but when that starts happening, it's time to make a hair appointment. That's how I force myself to stick with it. Now I need to find a way to make sure I do my make-up. My friend was looking at some photos of me before I got married and she said "Wow, you look so beautiful. You are wearing more make up than you usually do." my response...."Thanks a lot!"

leslie s said...

OK, My turn to disagree with YOU!! YOU ARE NOT A PONYTAIL MOM AT ALL!! I lived with you for two weeks and you were never in a pony...you have your hair done to perfection every day...this lady may have only seen you in a pony but that's because she doesn't know you well enouph!! AND WOW!! the store looks amazing - your amazing girl!!

Anonymous said...

well I have a feeling that w/ or w/o a pony tail you are beautiful and I live in a pony tail, but I understand where you are coming from.

glad to hear it was a success

Jennie said...

Gale- I can't remember ever seeing you in a pony! You always look fabulous! The store looks awesome. I think we may have to do that here.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is so funny! I'm not even a mom and I just had one of my students in lab tell me that the other day when my hair was down - almost word-for-word.

"I've never seen you with your hair down, it looks great! You should wear it down more often."

How embarrassing, and this is me without children . . . my poor husband.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I heart your holiday store. And your cutie pie helpers.

I used to wear a mom pony tail all the time, but can't now that it's shorter. This means that I often show up to work with crazy hair (no time for blow dry or worse no time to even be washed). I just had to go shorter. My longer hair was starting to look frumpy on me. I have long face, and when I was younger long hair was fine. But now that I'm getting older it just makes me look...older. So I err on the side of greasy.

katie said...

yeah. the pony tail? that is why i cut off my hair so that i would stop "abusing the pony tail"!

you are hilarious!

Tiff said...

I am guilty of the pony tail to..my hair is down past my bum and it gets in the way at times so I just throw it back...Love the pics! What a great holiday store you had.. :)