Every once in while children will say something that rocks you to your core. Such an announcement was made today by Ava. It was my fault really. Yesterday I was at Target and I saw a cute tan sweater and some little tennis shoes that I thought would look adorable on her. I bought them and took them home to one delighted little girl. I noticed very quickly that her delight was more intense than I expected. She put the shoes and sweater on and suddenly she walked with a new swagger. Her countenance changed and I could tell that this outfit made her FEEL different, more grown up.
At bed time she was reluctant to take the clothes off and when she came down this morning she was dressed in this outfit (this is uncharacteristc to be dressed so early). So as we came home from dropping the girls off at school she turned to me and with a sigh she dropped the bombshell. "Mom, I don't like princesses any more!" she said emphatically. "What?" I said. "Mom, I am growning up, I just don't think that I like princesses any more." Wow, what a difference a day and a sassy new outfit can make. Then later she added the hat. Oh my!!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Ava grows up!
at
9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Ava reminds me so much of Kayla! However, Kayla is torn...
she LOVES princess, (she just had a princess tea party for her birthday), she loves being sassy, and she loves any boy thing that her brother loves. She has many different personalities. You just never know which one you're gonna get! I love it
Too cute! You know where I am...
I love the moxy. Sassiness is a good thing. CUTE shoes! We love Target. FYI, I took your advice scoured the Cub Foods ad and made my list acourdingly. $134 and 7 bag fulls. SEVEN. Normally I have 3 at $120ish. CRAZY. I prayed before shopping, I was on a time crunch and really shouldn't have gone then. I made it out in 40minutes. Umm, that NEVER happens. So I sent up some praise afterward too for good measure. I normally do my praying at night, end of day, I am working on the on going conversation through the day thing, it's weird especially when the kids catch me talking out loud. But then I think there is NOTHING wrong with it. He wants to hear what we're saying. Set the example.
Oh...it happens so fast!!!
I love the leg-cross! Her and Brenna just crack me up! Brenna hasn't out grown princesses yet, but I know it's coming.
took me until today to realize that however my browser book marked your site, it's an old post and I thought you had been MIA LOL
sooo cute... it's so tough when they grow up. if you have time, when you visit my blog, go back into the archives and read a few things I wrote about my girls growing up.... one is called Labor of letting go, I think it's 2006
anyway... going now to read the rest of your post
Post a Comment