Saturday, March 1, 2008

My new favorite thing!!

Whalah!! I have discovered my new favorite thing. Zip'n Steam bags. These are incredible! Let me tell you why. Our family is on a health kick. We have had so much fun making healthy breakfasts, lunches and dinners but I always ran into a glitch.....Lunch for me. I am so busy that when it is time for lunch I am usually ravenous (lunch is my big meal) and the thought of defrosting a chicken breast or salmon, cutting up veggies and cooking it all was more than I could stand. I was getting tired of whole wheat tuna fish sandwiches and I was finding all the healthy options boring or time consuming. Then we discovered the Zip'n Steam bags. These things are amazing. I can throw in a frozen chicken breast, 2 handfuls of fresh chopped veggies, salt, pepper and a little lime juice and in 6 min I have an amazing meal. Yesterday I cut the salmon in chunks, added some zucchini, carrots, red pepper and lemon dill sauce, it was heaven and from beginning to end it only took 5 min to make. I am sooooo happy. As a side note if I use a whole chicken breast, steak, or piece of salmon I will do the veggies in a separate bag because I like my veggies crisp. I only combine them if I cut the meat in chunks then they seem to cook at the same rate. YEAH!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

you can put in frozen meat and it still tastes good?

Bray said...

Yes, if you season it or add a great sauce and add veggies It tastes so good. Not dipped in grease and loaded with cheese and alfredo sauce good but healthy good. Am I making any sense?

Jen said...

yes, and I am on a major diet right now and I have the same problem with lunch, I don't have time to thaw and I'm eating TONS of veggies so I need somthing I can do fast. THANK YOU!

leslie s said...

That's good Gale! Hope they come to canada soon!

Melissa said...

Oh thank you for this post! We are also trying to do better and eat more veggies. This is a great idea for lunchtime and for a quick dinner. Thanks Gale.

Did you get the e-mail about Aspen Grove? Call me is you have questions.