Thursday, February 28, 2008

People that I love


I was thinking over the weekend about people that I love and why. I have a little goofy thing that I say when I know someone who really impresses me. I say "I want them in my wagon train" It is silly but I always think through things in a off beat way and I often think about the pioneers who settled the west and the horrible things they endured as they traveled across the country in their wagon trains. I always ponder what kind of people I would want to take that kind of journey with. Hard working people, good attitudes, positive, resourceful, see solutions and not problems and deep abiding faith. I think that is why I have loved living here. There is a wealth of wagon train people here. I have to mention a family here named the Datins. I LOVE the Datins. They are farm people, they have 7 children and raise cattle and have very little of what the world would value but I have met very few people that I admire more. 3 of their daughters have been our permanent babysitters until they each went off to college and we have loved them dearly. If I am ever called upon to take up my wagon there is no question I would head straight for the Datins and pray that they would have us. Their children have been taught hard work. When their son left on his mission he had $17,000.00 in the bank that he had personally earned and worked hard for. Sister Datin has a masters degree and is SMART. Her husband is the same. They take pride in all they do and live GOOD lives based on hard work, integrity, honesty and service. They live a simple life and I admire them deeply. I am so blessed to know so many people who are salt of the earth, kind, service oriented people who focus their lives on meaningful things. These are the people that I love!! There are wagon train people everywhere and they are a treasure to find. I hope that I fashion my life to be wagon train worthy.

4 comments:

leslie s said...

Oh great, now I have to try to impress you so that I can be on your wagon train list. PREEEESSURE! LOL - I totaly agree that there are some people who you really do want to travel through life with, who truely enrich the lives of the people around them and make others want to be better. You are like that for me...Your a great example - thx ;)

Bray said...

Oh Leslie, you are front and center in my wagon train. Who else would I laugh until I cry with? Except I wouldnt let you bring your fake feather eyelashes.....too over the top. Could you do that????

Melissa said...

Now I really want to be in the same wagon. What a beautiful post and picture. I think that is why heaven will be so wonderful. We will be surrounded by good folks. I love how you think. I have similar thoughts but I can't express them as well as you can.
I honestly love that you know about Gabriel's oboe. I tell Tom that the Mission soundtrack is like a soundtrack for the Book of Mormon. I love listening to it while I read. Its like I can picture it all in my head better. I also think pairing that song with your experience in Jerusalem couldn't be more perfect. What an awesome experience! I just love hearing from you, it brightens my day!

leslie s said...

I'm going to have to think about this then because I love my FEATHER EYELASHES!! LOL - Oh no here I go again...HahahahaHahahaha! Who does that...oh, let it end...hahahah!!!OH no here it comes, my ugly laugh...