Sorry Melissa, I am going to break Tagging rules.
I was tagged by my friend Melissa and I began filling in the answers to the questions but then I thought......I have some other questions I want answered by my friends. So I am making my own. These questions are things that I REALLY want to know about all of you. So I will fill these in and then I want all my friends who read this (including Melissa) to consider themselves tagged. Sarah, Shawna, Brooklyn, Chelsey, Lori, Darci, Delise, Leslie, Jen, Kelly, Julie, Robyn, Chris (my husband) I know there are more that I am forgetting.....you know who you are and I would love to hear your answers. (Some of you have teen daughters that blog. I would love to hear their answers too) OK here goes.
I love to read great books. My best birthday party EVER was when my friend Lori invited all my Friends and had them bring me, as a gift, their favorite book. We sat around and they each told me about their book as I opened them and I just loved getting these books that meant a lot to my friends.
I want to know..... What are 5 of your favorite books. Now I already know that for most of you the scriptures will be at the top, so that is a given and can't be included. I have many books that I love both spiritual and secular, here I will put ones that you may not be aware of.
Here are mine:
1. John Adams by David McCullough. I was heart broken as I read the last page. I wanted it to go on forever. This intimate look into one of our past presidents and his wife was a treasure. David McCullough is a master storyteller.
2. Bonds that make us free by Terry Warner. Was given to me by someone I respect and love just this year and it has been life changing. I have a new perspective on relationships and people. I think this is a must read for everyone.
3. Lessons from a Father to His Son by John Ashcroft. How I came across this book is a funny story. I was at Barnes and Noble looking for a gift for Chris and as I was walking out this little book caught my eye. It was in a bargain bin and was only a couple of dollars. I thought it would be a nothing book but I learned so much from it. It was a little treasure.
4. As a Man Thinketh by James Allen. This has so many nuggets of truth. It is small and powerful. I LOVE it!
5. The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. This is absolutely a guilty pleasure. I am very busy right now in my life so when I take the time to read I try to read things of meaning and purpose. There is no meaning and purpose here but I highly recommend these books. I had so much fun reading them.
p.s. To Him That Believeth by Fredrick Babbel is 5 stars for me also....oh I could go on and on, I love great books.
OK question number 2. What are your 5 favorite movies.
I grew up the daughter of the owner of a movie theater in a small town in Canada. I was the snack bar girl for many of those years and it is in my blood to love movies. Chris and I have gone on a weekly date since the day we got married and we often go to the movies. We are picky and have walked out of many for vulgarity and content but again (I hate to overuse the word) there are treasures. Share what you have found to be those treasures.
1. Shadowlands. I have watched this movie many times and i love it like an old friend. I audibly wept when I saw it the first time. I love C.S. Lewis so this look into a part of his life is dear to me.
2. Spitfire Grill. This is a little known independent film that we enjoyed so much about redemption and forgiveness.
3. Waking Ned Devine. Laughed and Laughed. There are points in this movie that I can tell the actors are not acting, they are really having fun and laughing. We saw it in New York city and ate warm Krispy Kreme's as we watched.....how could we not have loved it.
4. Life is Beautiful. Such a great movie. There is very little else to say. Amazing.
5. Pride and Prejudice. Loved the book, love the movie. Whenever my girls and I are looking for something to fill an evening we always look at each other with excitement and say "Let's watch Pride and Prejudice again" We are all hopeless romantics.
p.s. The Ultimate Gift is a great movie too, and oh I better stop!!!
Top 5 songs on your iPod or MP3 player.
Mine are listed on the side of my blog. I love finding new music and so I always ask my friends for recommendations. I love hearing what you are listening to. I LOVE great music and I strangely feel that my life should have a soundtrack to it, Ha Ha. It would make it so much better.
List 5 things you hope to accomplish before you die.
1. I want to write a book (this may be with my husband)
2. I want to get an advanced degree
3. I want to write a great song ( I have written songs but there is a song I know I will write that will be a sit in your soul type song. I am not even close now but one day I will write it and I will know when it is done.)
4. I want to serve a mission with my husband. I can't wait for this!!
5. I want to teach (with Chris) at the Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies. (Hence, I need the advanced degree.)
I have way more questions but I will stop here.......this post is way too long. I am really anxious to read all your answers and if you have some that I didn't ask that you want to answer feel free.


7 comments:
This will require some thought! I wasn't crazy about the tag questions I gave to you, but being a "rule follower" I stuck with them. Cudos to you for looking outside the tag box. I will answer these this weekend. Right now, I am leaving for a ward ym/yw overnight Mormon batallion hike. Man, my new calling is a lot different than my piano playing one.
Hey, it's Amy again (Jerusalem). Just wanted to say you have absolutely beautiful girls. You seem to be such a great mom!! I'll have to keep up on your blog more so I can learn more from you.
I forgot to tell you. You should read Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. I haven't read it, but my husband LOVES this book. It is his favorite out of all the books about our founding fathers and he's read them all!
I promise my answers will be forthcoming. But I just wanted to let you know that we have sooo many things in common. I can't wait to go get the John Adams book. I have read so many books on his rival Thomas Jefferson, but none on him. Loved your tag questions.
I loved finding out more about you...I was surprised that I didn't know ALL the answers already...And I thought I knew you so well. It was a fun read on you. I love the new look of your blog too!!! WAY to cute Gale!
Ok, how did the opera go for Olivia? Post the details please!
Ok, how did the opera go for Olivia? Post the details please!
Post a Comment