Chris and I are in warp speed mode right now as he prepares for his trip to New York next week. I usually find the shower just before bed and my house is a little bit unkept. Oh well, it feels good to be working hard though we have had so many struggles over the past year. I feel so blessed......We have grown more through this past year of struggle than at any other time in our married life. I can't be anything but overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity to stretch myself spiritually and mentally and feel so at peace with where we have landed. So these are my deep thoughts......totally unrelated to the last paragraph.
It is so fascinating to me how 2 people can have similar experiences and come out with completely different perspectives. This has been so heavy on my mind lately. Two people can have the same parents and yet one feels bitter and angry that their parents fell short and yet another has love and admiration. Two people can go to the same church meeting and one comes out offended by the things said in the talks and another was deeply touched. It goes on and on and I have come to realize that one of the saddest things we can do in life is to choose to see and dwell on the negative. Negativity is poison and it ruins lives. People will spend their whole life angry at a perceived, or even justified, offence or slight. They will talk unkindly about others behind their back and find fault in how they live their lives but it is a cancer to the perpetrator and stunts their growth and happiness. We truly create our own happiness or sadness....no one can do anything to change that, it is up to us and the most powerful tool in this pursuit is Choice. We make choices everyday in regards to our relationships with friends and family that can go in a negative direction or they can be full of joy. Joy is a choice we make every day by the perspective we choose in each situation. I am learning so much as I seek to incorporate these concepts in to my life. I have always been a very positive person but I have seen this cancer in myself at times and I am gratful to be gaining this new perspective. People are innately good, with many flaws, when we focus on the good in others and not their flaws our life is full of joy.



3 comments:
I don't think I know a more positive person than you Gale. That is your outstanding quality, even at first impression. Well said, as always.
You and Chris ooze happiness! And it is contagious. I am a newly converted optimist, and it makes all the difference in the world. There are always two ways to take life, and the "half-full" glass is always much more delicious! You are a half-full person, and I have always looked up to you for that! Love ya!
I could not agree with you more! Thanks for saying it so well and for being a good example in a world that is greatly in need of them! You have a good heart!
Post a Comment