Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day!!

This is our first Valentines Day apart. We got engaged 16 years ago today and it is such a happy memory, early evening walking on the beach in San Diego the sun had just gone down and.....well the rest is just way too cheesy and personal so I think that is quite enough.
It has been a bummer to be apart but....that being said, we have been in contact all day about every hour either on the phone or text messaging and his trip is going great. This has been extremely stressful as we invested a lot for him to go and took a risk but I believe it has payed off in a big way and in the long run it will have been so worth it. I feel like there is so much to say right now but I need to refrain for so many reasons, one being that I am way too tired to be coherent. I feel so grateful tonight. Happy Valentines Day to all my friends and loved ones.

2/15 Ok, just got up and realized my Valentines Day post was a little dower so I figured I better add all the fun that happened also....first off the girls woke up to fun treats and little gifts laid out by their breakfast plates. It was mostly fun knee high stripey socks and treats (We have never done big gifts for valentines...it is a love day) We were all missing Dad when all the sudden the phone rang and it was Chris saying "Take all the girls into my office and open a book on my shelf" Well we all ran in there and in the book was a note leading us to another location......Yeah a treasure hunt!!! It was so cute. Before he left he had hidden notes all over the house leading us to a final location with a fun surprise. Oh we LOVE him. The girls all had fun Valentines Day parties at school and we had lots of love today, well except for Elle. She was on her second day of being sick so she got lots of love at home. She was so sad to miss her party. After school I ran up there and picked up all her valentines and treats and she opened them all at home. It was a fun day and we can't wait to see Dad tonight.

2 comments:

okbushmans said...

How great is that? A scavenger hunt!? How creative. You will have to tell us all about the trip and how it all went!

Bray said...

mom,
i love reading your blog and seeing your perspective of our everyday lives. i am so glad u and dad love each other sooo much... maybe a little too much... kidding!
love ya
chloe