Thursday, May 7, 2009

There are moments you remember all your life!

I had one of those moments yesterday.

Yesterday Chris had his doctoral defense. Chloe, Olivia and I went with him and wow it was something. He did an amazing job of presenting his research. We were in awe as we watched him flawlessly and articulately defend his work. The committee then began their questioning and I was amazed at how complementary they were. I was expecting it to be brutal and it was, but it was also very positive. After a good long grilling they asked us all to step out so the committee could discuss the outcome. We went into the hallway and all 4 of us were pretty anxious. When they send you out it can be a 15 min to 1 hour wait for their decision. We walked out and within 2-3 minutes the committee chair came out and said “Dr. Bray please come back in” I was so unprepared to hear that statement, especially so quickly that I just broke down in tears. As we went in and all the committee members welcomed him back in with “Congratulations Dr. Bray”, Chloe, Olivia and I were all crying, it was a very special moment for our family and I will always recall all the little details.

13 comments:

Our Family said...

What an amazing accomplishment!

Melissa said...

What a great milestone Chris! How lucky he is to have had such a great support team.

leslie s said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear the good news! I just new that Chris would blow them away with his work! That's just his style. All that hard work paid off! YAY!!! Love you and pass our congratulations on to Dr. Bray!! (WOW!! That's fun to say!)

Ps...now it's your turn :)

Jennie said...

Congratulations to Chris- and all of you! What a great day. I'm so happy for him. Tell Dr. Bray congrats from us!

The Eberhardts said...

that is awesome! congrats and what a great example to your girls. way to go!

Jen said...

that's awesome!

Bray said...

Thanks so much for all your congrats it mean so much!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! What a happy, long-awaited day!
Now celebrate!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Congratulations!!! That is such an amazing accomplishment! What is his doctorate in? SOMEDAY I want one in U.S. History but here in the middle of nowhere, that 'day' is a ways off!

okbushmans said...

FINALLY! What a HUGE weight to be lifted. I hope you celebrate BIG TIME! Dr. Bray...I have a hard enough time calling him Bro. Bray at Church instead of Chris, now I have a new title to throw into the mix?

Allison said...

Haven't been here in a while since I consolidated blogs and lost some of my links--LOVE visiting here again for a few moments. Congrats Dr. Bray!

Christy said...

Wow - what an awesome accomplishment. I am so happy for you, Chris, and your whole family! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Chris, and your wonderful family support team! You guys are really there for each other! awesome!