Last night Chloe was headed to meet some friends and watch a dance recital. I drove her over to the school where the event was being held but her friends had not yet arrived so we pulled up in front of the school to wait for them. We had fun watching people as they went in as it was an extremely windy day which made it kinda funny to watch everyone balancing themselves and trying to save their hairdo's. When suddenly up walked three 14-15 year old girls in sundresses and short skirts. They were having a horrible time trying to keep their dresses down as the wind was ferocious and whipping everything up. I drew Chloe's attention to them and said...."Watch, in about 10 seconds I predict we are going to get a pantie shot!" We both laughed and continued to watch as they headed toward the door with all the other people. When all of a sudden my prediction came true.......well, kinda. The girl who was wearing a little short flouncy dress and trying desperately to hold it down was hit by a huge gust of wind that took the whole dress up.....way way up, above her waist. This would have been mortifying for anyone but it just so happened that SHE WASN'T WEARING ANY PANTIES!! Chloe and I simultaneously gasped in horror. It was a major peep show for everyone in the surrounding area. I felt so bad for her but then I thought.....Who wears no panties??? Brittney Spears maybe but I thought this behavior was relegated to the Hollywood crazies. I must be way way out of touch because I know that in my younger days that kind of thing just wasn't heard of, especially when wearing a shorty short dress that doesn't always keep everything covered up. 
This picture would have been very different if taken today!! just say'n


12 comments:
Yes - something like that happened to me in high school on a windy day... I went to all girls school (uniforms) and was probably the only girl in school who refused to wear boxer shorts under the short skirt. I thought they made me look fat. Anyway - I paid for it one day when the stars aligned for a strong breeze and an audience of construction workers. But AT LEAST I was wearing real underwear (I'm sure all of the girls at the school now wear thongs - yikes!)
I hope that girl learns her lesson - although you would think that Brittany and Paris would have done that already.
hahaha..that made me laugh! I bet she learned her lesson and will never go pantyless again! How embarrassing!
I hate to say it but it serves her right! Thanks for the comic relief.
About two years ago, I was walking down some stairs outside when a large gust of wind blew my skirt, that wasn't short but had lots of fabric,so high up that it covered my face! Many people saw... Though I was mortified, All I said to my friends was, At least I was wearing cute panties! (or any for that matter)
- I would like to know what that poor girl's reason was for going comando?
OK, here comes a crazy admition...
My last choir concert of my senior year in high school we (I and two or three others) went "comando" under our choir robes. (It sounds strange to say that now) We're talkin' floor-length, zipped-up-to-my-neck ROBE and I was still worried about it. We laughed and thought we were really awesomely brave and cool, though. But I can't IMAGINE what this poor young girl was thinking. I wonder if she ever came back out of the school, into the wind, again... And poor you! I hate it when my eyes are assaulted like that!
That is scary!
When things like this happen...it is always a clear reminder to me why it is so important that we as parents teach our daughters (and sons)what is appropriate and what is not. That poor little girl...she obviously hasn't been taught..or has and just didn't listen.
She has a tale to tell for the rest of her life!
Ahhh- that is unbelieveable- a young girl not wearing underwear in a short dress. Crazy! Funny that you happened to catch it though. :) I hope all is going well!
I HOPE that was REALLY embarassing for that poor girl and that she learned a good lesson from it!! YIKES but so funny!!!
dude- put on some underwear!!!!!!
YIKES! I can't believe it. I hope she decides to wear underwear from now on!
Post a Comment