Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Its about time!!

This is on the cafeteria wall at Olivia's school!

Wow, I took a little bit of a break. I have had so much on my plate these past 2 weeks I have not been able to keep up with everything plus a blog. I have composed several posts in my mind but they never made it to the computer and I am amazed at the range of emotions and thoughts that I have had the past 10 days....it is a good thing that some of those thoughts didn't make it here. They were all very random and scattered. We have been absorbed with shcool activities, here are some of the highlights of the past weeks.

1. Olivia did FABULOUS in the play Oklahoma!! She absolutely shone like a star on that stage. I was so proud of her. Her school has a really great music program. The school plays are amazing! The choir, orchestra, band and drama programs are also outstanding. I am so glad that the arts are a priority in this school district.

I think the boy who played Curly is so cute....he looks like a mixture of George Strait and Brad Paisley! They were a cute couple on stage.

Here is Olivia with a few of her friends!

Here are a couple of clips from the play!




2. The Mothers Day tea at the school. It was amazing. The 1st Graders prepared a beautiful, touching, and sometimes funny program while the fifth graders served a beautiful lunch with scrumptious tea pot shaped cookies and juice. It was a lot of work for the teachers but seeing the whole cafeteria full of all the Mothers being honored was amazing.

The kids all made coupon books and the teachers helped the kids put together an adorable cook book for their mothers. It was very special.
Then there was the day we made Mud Head Babies, the day at the Zoo that I chaperoned and then there was the Fairy Tale Ball, this was my favorite. They all came dressed as their favorite Fairy Tale character and we had cookies, juice, and a real Ball. The kids all danced with their Moms and Dads and a few of the kids danced with each other....Elle danced with David and that was significant for her!!!! I forgot my camera that day so one of the other mothers took pictures for me, I haven't received them yet but I know they will be adorable. Elle was dressed as Anastasia. They even had a disco ball and turned the lights down. It has just been so busy at school as the year winds down.
Chloe's choral teacher came to her a month ago and asked if Chloe thought it would be too much to ask if Chloe could write a song for the choir to sing at the final choral concert. I thought it was a huge undertaking but Chloe did it in just one evening (she amazes me) and I am so excited to hear her song performed on Thursday night. Wow, who can say that at 13 they were able to write a choral piece good enough to be performed. I am so proud of her. I will post a video of it if possible.
It is a whirl wind of busy but I feel so happy and overwhelmed with gratitude right now. I just love my sweet girls so dearly and I am grateful for a husband who is always helpful and by my side. We are excited for summer and more time together!!

3 comments:

leslie s said...

So happy to have you back in the blogging world again!! I missed you. Even though we talk often, I love all the details you add to your posts! And hey, just wondering, who is that skinny lady in the picture with Elle!?! :) Your looking GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chloe is amazing! Olivia sounded great and acted great in those clips!

Jennie said...

Gale-

Olivia did great! It looks like she is in her element, too.
I'm sure Chloe's song is equally as amazing. Sounds like you are keeping sooo busy. Keep me posted on the house.