When I had little ones I often thought "I can't wait until my kids are a little older, it will be so much easier when they are not so dependant on me and life will not be so hectic and busy." HA HA HA is all I can say. There is no comparison as far as sheer constant demand between the early years to now and I was very wrong in my predictions. That being said this is the best time of life. I am so happy and love the constant pace of our life right now. The past week has been 3 talent shows, the end of year choir concert, teacher gifts, constant parties, piano recitals, 2 walkathons, field days, gymnastics Olympic presentations, and everyday has been a dress-up day (pj's, beach wear etc.), and on top of that all our church activities. I wake up everyday just hoping my head will keep up with it all. I have no desire for all this bustle and love to end. When I was a young mother so many of my friends made the comment that they wanted to be finished having kids by 30 so that they will all be out of the house by 50. NO Way for me, I don't want to be an empty nester, I want my life to be filled with my children and grandchildren. I don't want them gone early. I just feel that this time is so rich in rewards and joy. So I will post a few photos of our weeks crazy fun!!
Chloe and Olivia Performing at their piano recitals!
Chloe and Olivia with all their friends at a cheer party!
Olivia with her friend Cheyenne at her school field trip
Elle, just headed off to a busy day at school!


3 comments:
Gale- You have been so busy! We have been the same way the last couple of weeks. May is always so crazy! It looks like a wonderful week of events though.
I've decided that May is the craziest time of year, it beats out December.
We will miss all this craziness one day....sooner than later. I am with you on not wanting to be an empty nester anytime soon. Isaac keeps warning me that he is turning 5 and he can't help it. Poor kid has heard me tell him that he is growing up too quickly and he is trying to make his poor mom happy.
Post a Comment