Do you ever look in the mirror and wonder "Who in the heck is that staring back at me?" I am starting to be unrecognizable to myself and I am trying to figure out where I am so I can get grounded again. When I was young there was one thing that Iwas sure of, I would never be the gross "sweat pants" mom. I was going to be cute, up to date, hip, cool and always looking "together" as I ran my children to their various activities. I am so busy lately with plays, birthdays, house showings, end of school parties etc....So why do I sometimes find myself aimlessly maneuvering through my day in sweats and a pony tail with a private hope that I will squeeze in a shower before bed. Hence as I blog about our daily adventures, I am rarely in a picture, why??? Is it because there is no one else to take the picture? no it is that i am not looking acceptable enough to be in the picture.
So I was whining about this tonight to Chris on our walk. He listened to me and then when we got home he was sitting contemplatively on the couch when he said, "The funny thing is that right now you are more sexy to me than you ever have been our whole marriage" What??? That is cracking me up because he is either trying to be Johnny Lingo and some how believe into existence an 8 cow wife or I am doing just fine and he is baffled by my rantings tonight. This is a very rare day of crazy thoughts because I really don't care about this kind of stuff and spend little or no energy on my cuteness, but for some reason today I felt a little lost!!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Loosing Myself
at
11:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I wondered if others ever felt that way too. Now I know. Thank goodness for husbands that don't seem to care/worry as much as we do.
We called on the "Royal View" and the reason she didn't call us back is that it rented out before she got our message. BUMMER! Tom is still trying to wheel and deal another one. We'll call you tonite.
I'm with you on that! At least you have "sweat pants"! I sport pajama pants! You always look fabulous!
funny...yesterday i went out to eat with bethany after a long and exhausting day and as we were walking to our cars she looked down at my pants and said, "brooklyn, are you wearing pajama pants?" some days i feel lucky to get those on! some days are just better than others.
Gale- It's funny, because I was thinking Gale is good at being in pictures. I was going through pictures of Dillon for his baptism video, and I could only find like 3 or 4 of me. How sad is that? You look gorgeous and if you are losing yourself- then I have already lost myself! :)
Post a Comment