Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Absolute Heaven

Chris and I love to walk. When summer hits we love to go for long walks together. When I say it is absolute heaven I mean it! We go every day. We go 5 miles through the most beautiful tree laden, foresty, stunning walking trials. Tonight it was dusk as we headed out our front door and we LOVE how the meadows are filled with millions and millions of lightning bugs. It is breathtaking as a million flashing lights surround us on all sides. We just stopped and stared in awe of the beauty of it all. At about half way through our walk tonight any last glimmers of the sun were completely gone and we were surrounded by moon and stars. The sounds are amazing and we are dodging frogs, bunnies and all kinds of vermin the whole way but that is what makes it fun. As we rounded one corner last night there were 2 deer only a few feet away eating grass along the tree line. We go at different times every day and each time it is such a rich experience. The smells are fresh and and natural and I have to repeat that I love where we live. We don't have all the luxuries that other cities offer but I was always a "Where the Red Fern Grows" kinda gal anyway. I love that I see deer all the time, I love that I just walk out my door and can soak in all kinds of nature and beauty, I don't have to drive to some special park or refuge it is all around me (constant road kill, I could do without!).

The best part of our walks is that we get solid, quiet talk time. It is our "plan our future and life" time. We both just love to spend that time talking about every aspect of our day and planning out our future. I come home everyday so happy and refreshed. It is absolute heaven!!

7 comments:

Delise said...

Those pictures are really amazing! I would love to walk with Jeff there too, the firefly one is so romantic! (Wait...that's not some random internet picture, it's really where you walk right?) Beautiful!

Bray said...

No, it is a random internet picture...I didn't take my camera with me tonight but our path looks exactly like it so I figured it would work.

Melissa said...

Yeah, some new posts. I am jealous of the beautiful walking trails you have. I usually end up walking the canals. I keep a look out for any carp or bass coming up to feed on the surface. That's the only wildlife I can enjoy. That is why we love going up to the mountains! By the way, we are still brainstorming for summer plans. We'll call you soon and have a pow-wow.
Tell Olivia we all enjoyed her sound bytes. What fun experiences!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bray said...

Melissa we may have walking trails but you have Golden Swirl!! I am trying to decide which is better..hmmm.

Jen said...

Wow! Your girls are seriously amazing and you are amazing for encouraging them to develop those talents.

My walks consists of sidewalks and houses sitting on top of each other. I am jelous!

Sunshine said...

The pictures are amazing. We are always trying to convince people that Oklahoma really is so beautiful. You probably would rather we keep that a secret. Mad, at you I don't think so. We have been friends for way to long, and I don't have time for that anyway. Don't think one second about it. We may change our plans after all, as I will be going in October for the marathon. Ahhhh! Yes, I am running, so I definitely need to ramp up the running, as my running consists of family jogs. Love you, and all the best with your new home! Lori