Well we are now on day 3 and loving it. On Monday we woke up to more ice than can be imagined and another FREE day. We had a big breakfast, then at about noon we lost power so we went out and ran errands, mall, etc. Chloe and Olivia got together with friends we all just had a great day. When we got home....still no power so we had a fun night making dinner, reading scriptures, and getting cozy all by candlelight. The girls all had their evening baths thanks to Chris boiling pots and pots of water. As we drew near to bedtime we started to get very cold. We layered it up and gathered in all the big cozy blankets we could. After getting all the kids to bed Chris and I realized that there was very little to do....no computer, TV or distractions so we also climbed into our bed with layers of blankets and read C.S. Lewis by candlelight. It was such a fun happy evening. Today I don't think we will leave the house. We have plans to never get out of our pajamas and play games all day. How lucky are we!!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Endless Icy Blessings from Heaven.....Day 3.
Well we are now on day 3 and loving it. On Monday we woke up to more ice than can be imagined and another FREE day. We had a big breakfast, then at about noon we lost power so we went out and ran errands, mall, etc. Chloe and Olivia got together with friends we all just had a great day. When we got home....still no power so we had a fun night making dinner, reading scriptures, and getting cozy all by candlelight. The girls all had their evening baths thanks to Chris boiling pots and pots of water. As we drew near to bedtime we started to get very cold. We layered it up and gathered in all the big cozy blankets we could. After getting all the kids to bed Chris and I realized that there was very little to do....no computer, TV or distractions so we also climbed into our bed with layers of blankets and read C.S. Lewis by candlelight. It was such a fun happy evening. Today I don't think we will leave the house. We have plans to never get out of our pajamas and play games all day. How lucky are we!!
at
11:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Beautiful pictures. I am going to start getting concerned if this lasts too much longer. Does this time off cut into your school store? Stay cozy
Just noticed the new family picture...how incredibly cute is that! I love the angle, color choice, everything. I hope I am getting one soon.
Gale, is that your christmas card pic. It is so sweet, I LOVE it.
I love your ice pictures - Is that in your yard? It is so Christmas looking.
I loved being a forced "stay-at-home" family! It was fabulous. I just hope the snow this weekend doesnt affect the ward party! I wanna dance!
Post a Comment