We came home, it was late and I was busy getting the girls ready for bed when I heard strange noises......it sounded like someone was banging around downstairs and as I came down there was Chris huffing and out of breath standing in front of his office. He said anxiously "get me the phone" I stood there looking bewildered and then the said it more insistently and I knew he was serious, so I grabbed the phone as he opened the door to his office and there in the darkness was a very frightened 14-15 year old boy. "What is going on.......?" Well, Chris always works very hard at making our Christmas lights look nice every year and every year they get vandalized. There are always teenagers who place our reindeer in compromising positions etc. It usually ends up ruining the display and breaking the reindeer. Well I guess Chris saw the teenagers out there and snuck up on them and scared the begeebees out of them. He grabbed 2 of them and the one boy wriggled away ripping his shirt off in the process but the one boy he had a good hold on. If you have ever seen The Office episode where they keep the pizza guy hostage??? well I had visions of that as this boy was cowering in our house. Chris grabbed the phone and said to the boy....OK you have a choice, do I call the police or your parents. Of course he chose his parents and Chris called. The parents who live in our neighborhood were horrified and the poor boy was shaking in his boots.
It all ended nicely as Chris explained to the parents that he understood because he was a teenager once but he hoped the boy learned his lesson. The boy shook Chris's hand and apologized profusely as he left and I decided that my husband is a stud!! What a funny night.


6 comments:
Gale, that is just hilarious. That poor boy. I am SURE he learned his lesson. The Office anaolgy was perfect!
Thanks for the best laugh I have had in weeks...That is the best story I have heard from you guys in a long time...ONLY YOU!!
Greatest Christmas story! Way to go Chris
It is funny you ask, wait and see what the postman sends your way{:
Just a little something to keep you occupied during the many ice storms that come blowing your way!
I was laughing so hard when I read this! When he called the parents did he tell them it was Chris Gray?
Oh my!! That is too funny! I bet that boy (and his friends that got away) learned a lesson from that!
Post a Comment