Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bizzare Texts

I text all the time. Early on when texting first became a communication tool I would text when Chris was away in meetings. Quite often, just for fun, I would say something shocking that would make him blush or something funny just because it made me smile to think of him in a stuffy meeting with men in suits trying to hold back a laugh.


Then my oldest got a phone and I soon realized that teenagers no longer talk on the phone.....they text. Her phone log for the month would be 25 calls, and texts....2500. So I found myself texting more because that is how my girls communicate with me when they are away. Now I text a lot, but sometimes I will look back at my messages and realize how odd some of them are.....here is a text stream from yesterday between Chris and I. He was at the airport.


Chris: I miss you............I'm sitting next to a leprechaun, I'm totally serious!


Gale: ????? Little green man? Dwarf?


Chris: No he is not little, green pants perfect beard. I'm serious, he is!! I think he knows that I know. Haven't seen his gold yet.


Gale: This is very exciting, keep looking for the gold. They are very sneaky but he may let his guard down for a moment.....keep vigilant.


Chris: Dang it, he just moved. He KNOWS THAT I KNOW. I am creeeeeepppped out. Maybe he is just a small Amish guy? but he IS wearing green pants.


Gale: I am sure he knows that you know, they have special powers like that, to protect the gold.


Chris: He's gone, I am so disappointed. No gold.


I just don't ever imagine my parents having conversations like that, and were we not texting I don't think we would have either........texting could very well cause social disorders.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Gale! That is hilarious! Luke was at the airport yesterday waiting, waiting waiting...finally getting to LaGuardia at midnight. His flight to Westchester was cancelled. So he ended up at his hotel at 1:30 just to wake up EARLY for training...good times!
Maybe we should start texting for moments like these!!! I would really have to talk him into it!

leslie s said...

Do you remember the bubble man at the airport? He had no idea that we knew he was bubble man (he had a strategically placed bubble on his ear)! Oh, and Denis Quade...I think he totally knew, we knew who he was...LOL. I love airports!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love it. I also have a hard time picturing my parents texting... My mother has only JUST stop saying that using the mouse to navigate the computer makes he "sea sick".

Anonymous said...

that was so worth reading today.. I needed a good laugh LMBO

JJ Olsen said...

Leprechauns are notoriously guarded about their gold. But if you can convince him that he is under threat of capture, he may tell you where you can find it. It's worked for me only a couple of times.

Bray said...

Jarom I love your way of thinking it always entertains and amuses me.....I am so happy to know that we aren't the only ones looking for Leprechauns :)

Ashley said...

Still adjusting to texting here. My two stepkids (ages 14 and 17) are texting ALL THE TIME! I want to be cool and everything, but it sort of just bugs me. Maybe it's because I'm so darn slow at it. And I just skip punctuation all together or I'd be at it an hour!
Too bad about the gold! You KNOW he had it somewhere!

Shawni said...

Hey Gale, I just wanted to say hi since I just came across an old comment you left on my blog...and wanted to say thanks and I LOVE those gorgeous pictures on your header. Did you take those? Are you a photographer? What a beautiful family you have. I think you are friends with Melissa...I know I've been here before but I can't remember if I said hi or not. Anyway, hi! I love these blogging world connections!

Melissa said...

I love how you and Chris are together! Who would think of leprechaun.....Chris would.