
This weekend was so great. Olivia and I hopped in the car at 5 am and drove to Dallas together. It was the NCA Cheer competition and so we headed there so she and her team could compete. We had the best time. We drove and listened to 80's music....yes I subjected her to my past but by the end she had every song memorized and we were singing our hearts out to Pat Benetar and Stevie Nicks. Oh we threw a little Prince, Eurithmics, Journey and it was awesome. Just being together, visiting, staying at a hotel and being girls was awesome.

I need to remember how important one on one time is. It is totally different than going as a family. Olivia seemed so happy to be getting all the attention and we just bonded and understood each other......Thanks Olivia I love you!!! They did awesome at the competition.....2 performances without one deduction....It was perfect.
4 comments:
So glad you guys had fun! We changed our plans, too, last minute and decided to go ahead to OKC. We left yesterday morning and got home tonight. We loved it! Loved the Science Center, loved the zoo, loved the trees and the hills (even though it's still all dead) and loved the fact that it still feels sort of "small". We drove out to the temple and couldn't get over how tiny it was! It's beautiful, though. Anyway, we forgot the laptop, and I was sad to have missed you. We're sort of...tentatively...kind of saying we'd like to go back for the fourth of July. We hear it's loads of fun up there. Anyway, to actually comment on your post...I'm always surprised at how different my kids act when I'm out with them one on one. They love it so much, getting all of my attention. I'm glad you guys had fun and that Olivia's competition went well. See ya!
I love times like those. I look forward to Raegan being a little older, and getting to jam out to some 80s music on a road trip! Sounds like fun.
I would love to have a day on my own with Eleanor. Since our oldest is a boy - everything seems to be about tackling and running. The rare moments I have alone with her are so peaceful - coloring, reading, talking... - but maybe not *quiet* since the "talking" is non-stop.
one of my friends from High School was just at that same competition... would you guys be coming up here to Schamberg, IL this month?
Post a Comment