Thursday, August 28, 2008

Elle turns 7


I can hardly stand it. My little sponge cake is 7 today and is growing at a rate entirely outside my comfort zone. Why is it that time just keeps speeding up on me!! So here are a few tidbits of love and information on one of the sweetest, most wonderful girls in the world.


Elle is the epitome of goodness. She has the most beautiful eyes and people comment on them all the time but it is what's behind those eyes that I love so much. Oh, she is so good. She loves all things tender and spiritual. She seems to feel things deeply and has a quiet reserve in sharing it all with others. I can often see that she is soaking in a situation and is very thoughtful about what is going on around her but it is not easy for her to express it all in words. As her mother I have learned to read the silence. I have learned to be patient and listen a little longer because if you wait long enough, she has so much to say.
Elle with her Grandma Hartley

I love how unique she is and she has no problem being different, in fact the thrives on it. The whole family loves whipped cream on their pancakes.....Elle hates whipped cream and she proudly says "I am different than all of you." This is a small example but I love the confidence that she has about who she is. There is no cowering if she isn't in line with the group, she proudly declares the difference. She just seems so happy in her own skin. I LOVE that about her.

Elle is smart. She reads voraciously, loves school and is an excellent student. She is loved by all her classmates. When I go to school the one thing that I notice is everyone fights over who gets to sit by Elle. Yet I wouldn't ever say she is popular, the word I would say is LOVED. The girls just all seem to love her. They all hug her when she walks in the room and she is so easy with all of them and happy to see them.

Elle is funny and laughs from her belly often.......She once asked me why she wasn't magic. She was so sad that she didn't have any special powers and I told her that her power is that every time she laughs I can't not laugh too. She loves to test her power out often.
She is happy in almost any situation. She never complains, she is never bothered by things. She just goes with he flow. I rarely see her rattled by any situation...............except any public speaking.......she hates that!!!!

She radiates!! She sparkles and commands attention when she enters a room.....not by being loud and boisterous but by her beauty and grace. People take notice of her quiet beauty and sincerity.
Ellie Pie, I love you so much. I feel so blessed that I get to be your mother. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are my sponge cake with strawberries and Kiwi on top!!

8 comments:

amy said...

She is just adorable! Happy Birthday Elle!

leslie s said...

Elle - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We love you and hope that your day is as special as you are! BIG HUGS & KISSES!!
Love the Sloan Family!

Jen said...

I wish I could know Elle! She is a seriuosly beautiful girl. You and your husband make beautiful babies! And you seem to be such amazing parents.

Melissa said...

We love that Elle. What a special little child and with the eyes to reflect that so well.
Love the new picture on your banner

okbushmans said...

I love Elle! She is exactly what you described. Happy Birthday!

TimBurnett@huntnhouse.com said...

Gale, I love all the updates. So glad you are all feeling settled, and sounds like a great time with your mom and Leslie! Elle is a sweetheart and I love what you write and say about each of your girls. Thanks for sharing your wisdom about life. I always enjoy reading your blog- you really need to write a book someday :) Love Kelly (I am on Tim's computer right now)

The Brays said...

Hi I guess I am going to enter this blogging world....
Elle sweetheart Happy Birthday! I hope you had lots of pancakes WITHOUT any whipped cream. I wish I could spend more time with you...with all of you.
Gale you truly are an amazing writer. I wonder what type of a book you would write. Do you already have one started??? That would be a treat.
Love you all-Dani Jo

Jennie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Elle! She is absolutely beautiful.